App To "Shop The Look"

Todd5
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi,

Was wondering if there is an app that allows you to "Shop The Look". What I mean by this is if we have a product picture with a model wearing multiple items, is there an app that would allow customers to view and purchase all the items the model is wearing and not just the product page item.

As a reference, Matches.com has a Shop The Look button that, after clicking, allows customers to purchase multiple items without having to go to each individual product page.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, Todd!

Savannah here from Shopify. 

I think you could get that effect with one of these options: 

Let me know if you're looking for something a bit different. I'm happy to do some additional digging!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Todd5
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi Savannah,

Thanks for the reply. What we're looking for is a bit different than the apps you listed. We are trying to enable to "Shop The Look" feature that is used by Matches.com and some other sites, which enables customers to Add To The Cart any item that the model is wearing in a product picture without having to be redirected to each individual product page.

An example would be a customer visits a product page for a Tee Shirt and the model is wearing a pair of jeans and a jacket along with the Tee Shirt. Sites like Matches allow the customer to add all of the products, and not just the Tee, from the Tee product page without having to go to the Jean & Jacket product pages.

The closest thing I've found so far is a Shopify App called Prodcut Accessories, which allows you to add other products by clicking on a check box. I was really looking for sometihng more refined though.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks.

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, Todd!

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't believe there's anything available that's quite so robust, but you can definitely get in touch with an Expert to have a firm build a custom/private app for you. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Muthu_Somasund1
Shopify Partner
37 0 5

Hi,

I am working on the same app. Keep subscribed to this thread. I can update here once the app will be ready for release.

Regards

Muthu

0 Likes

Hi Todd,

We have just launched an app that does exaclty what you're looking for and more!
Check it out here

https://apps.shopify.com/shop-the-look-4

And let me know what do you think.

Best,

0 Likes
Todd5
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I've gone ahead and installed the app on our site to test it out. It didn't automatically install the button but I'm guessing that's due to our site having a custom theme and product page. I've reached out to my developer to see if they can get it working.

I read the FAQ about setting up the product to display in the Shop The Look and my one question was how exactly does the app match to an exact product? If you are trying to match to a style called "Classic Tee - Space Bleach", do you name the collection "Output-Classic Tee - Space Bleach"?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi Todd,

The app matches the products inside the created collection: you create a collection named "Outfit-Classic Tee - Space Bleach" and manually select the related products.

I've sent you an email with more details. :)

0 Likes
Tien_Do
Excursionist
39 0 6

Hi @Todd,

Did you solve this issue? I'd also like to know what you exactly meant about "allow customers to view and purchase all the items the model is wearing and not just the product page item.", isn't Product Accessories what you wanted? It allows you to select related products to add to cart.

Keep your customers informed with the best deals, sales events, announcements... https://apps.shopify.com/sticky-promo-bar
0 Likes
My_Perfect_Ense
Tourist
5 0 1

In reading through this thread, I am also looking for something similar but would like to create my own outfit pairings without using a model. For instance, I'd  like to be able to show a dress, matching jewelry and purse all in one "collection" per se with links to each item recommended. Basically I'd like to create outfits that then a customer  could easily select each item and variant right from that page.  Anyone see anything like this? Similar to Shop the Look but without the model.