App for Customers to Download Large Free Files from a Page on my Site

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi All- 

I need an app that can add a button to pages on my site where visitors can download files. The files they will be downloading won't be products we are selling so there is no need to take them through the checkout process.

Ex. We have a .exe file that is very large that we need customers to be able to download from one of our information pages.

Linking directly from the library will not work on this because Shopify will not support the uploading of .exe files, and the file is far too large anyway.

I've only come across apps like "Digital Downloads", which is great and similar to what we need, except we need the customers to be able to download some of our digital files automatically at the click of a link rather than going through checkout.

For visual help, we need to replicate what the "Download the Standalone Installation" button does on this site at the bottom right: https://orca3d.com/download/current-users/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there! I'm not sure you need an app for this. Have you looked at Dropbox? You can upload a large file there and they offer 20gb of bandwidth and 100,000 downloads per day. Then you can just put a link to that on your info page. 

From Shopify Zero to Hero - YouTube series where we design a product and create a Shopify store from scratch ★
1 Like
2 0 0

Hadn't thought of that, but that may be the best solution. Thanks!

0 Likes