App for Tracking Packaging Inventory

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

As my business has been growing, it has become increasingly difficult to ensure we always have stock of our packaging stock. Boxes, stickers, shipping satchels, etc.

I have been looking through the Shopify App Store, however, I have not been able to find an app that would be able to track this for us.

Ideally I would like it to automatically deduct this stock for each order along side the number of products being purchased.

If an app does not exist that does this, is there a way to automate a spreadsheet for this?

Or, how do other business' track this?

Thank you,

Harrison

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
179 15 25

Hey there, @Harrison998! Thanks for reaching out today. I really appreciate your question today. Admittedly it took quite a bit of digging and research but I think I found a workaround that will essentially make this work for you. 

Basically, you would be able to create your packaging materials as "products" in the back end of Shopify and keep them hidden/unpublished from the online store. By having a product in Shopify, you can assign it inventory numbers which our system can help track for you.

From there, you could leverage an inventory app that connects products together. There is a third-party app called connected inventory that allows you to do this. Its main purpose is for when you're selling a product kit (such as a camera kit) that when purchased will reduce the inventory of the individual components of the kit (lens, camera bag, etc.) when it's ordered. You would be able to assign your packing material product to all of your store products so that when one of them is from, the packaging material inventory is reduced as well.

This app offers a 7-day free trial for you to utilize to see if it functions in a way that suits your needs!  Let me know if this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

Thank you Dirk!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Harrison998 

I think you should have a look around this list of 22 Best Shopify order tracking apps. These 22+ Best Shopify Order Tracking Apps from hundreds of the Order Tracking reviews in the market (Shopify Apps Store, Shopify Apps) as derived from Avada Commerce Ranking which is using Avada Commerce scores, rating reviews, search results, social metrics.

Hope it helps!

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.

----------------------------
Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes