App for Variant Quantities Tracking

Solved
Highlighted
2 1 0

Hi Everyone.

I have a variant and quantities tracking issue on my site. One of my client products is consist of two options package: Half Pack (50gram) and Full Pack (100gram). Both of them were packages from the same product. I create two options using variants and put the stock manually. We lost many sales due to our store can't tracked each pack stocks. For example when the Half Pack stock is 0 (yes, we sold more Half Pack!), then the Full Pack stock is still 8 - it would be strange that customer can't buy Half Pack while 8 Full Pack means we still have 16 Half Pack. We do need to do this pack inventory automatically because we have so many products that we can't monitor each of them daily.

Any app could solve this?

I have tried Advance Product Option, Bold Bundle, Upsell Bundle - No one works.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 171

Hey, Vinno!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

After reading through your request, there are two apps that come to mind.

1. Bundles: The Full Pack would be considered as the bundle (2 Half Packs). This app allows you to sync the two inventory together. It touches your need on having the inventory counted automatically.
  2. Connected Inventory: Similar to the bundle app, this app allows you to sync the bundles automatically. Again, the Full Pack would be considered as the bundle (2 Half Packs).

Feel free to check these two apps out. They both offer free trial periods. Don't forget to remove the one that you aren't using before the trial period ends to avoid charges.

If none of the above work, I recommend you source out a Shopify expert. The developers will be able to discuss your needs and explain how they can build a customized system just for you.

If you run into any issues, or if I misunderstood what you're hoping to set up then feel free to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for your help Jason!

The apps still doesn't meet our requirements, so that we change our strategy to sell this variant packs. We create a 25gr packs then sell them as quantities using discounts.

Regards,

Vinno.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 171

Hey, Vinno!

No problem at all. Sorry the apps weren't able to achieve your request. Though I must say you've come up with a brilliant workaround!

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
80 0 23

Hey @vinno 

Just wanted to stop by and mention also that Trunk supports what you're looking for when it comes to variant tracking. Even though Trunk is marketed as an inventory syncing app, it can also just simply connect to your Shopify store and adjust inventory according to assemblies that you setup. To learn more about how this feature works in Trunk, check out: https://help.trunkinventory.com/inventory/creating-assemblies-and-bundles

And here's the website for Trunk: https://www.trunkinventory.com

Let me know if you have any questions!

⚡Sync your stock levels + bundles/kits in real-time between any number of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square stores with Trunk
0 Likes