App for a promotional product store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, we are looking for an app or similar that can handle printing of Promotional products like Pens where the buyer selects (for example) a Style, Colour, Qty (based on a listing of priced options as the below screen shot), can then upload their logo and specify print position.   Our store handles both ex stock pre printed items which come branded and we want to offer the ability to buy other items that you can brand with your own company name.  Example below is this store:

https://uniformsandhomewaresonline.com.au/products/111273-jazz-plastic-pen-with-1cp

If anyone has any ideas on how to achieve this it would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
229 28 33

Hi there @Mojom!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. That sounds like a great product to offer your customers - there's definitely a market for that!

I went through a few of our apps, and I wasn't able to locate one that specifically allows your customers to customize pens for printing. What I did find is that you may be able to use an AliExpress supplier through our app Oberlo, that can customize pens for you. I searched for "promotional pens customized logo", but you can also search other terms. You may be interested in reaching out to suppliers there to learn more about the process they take to upload the files you want printed on an item, and specifically if it's possible for you to pass over the file the customer provides you with to the supplier after the order has already been submitted.

We do have a couple of apps that will allow your customers to upload files on your site that you can look into here:

Uploadery

* Upload Fields by Uploadkit

If you decide that the AliExpress/Oberlo route is not one that you want to take, I would then recommend outsourcing to see if you can find any external suppliers that would be able to customize stationary items such as pens for you. Because these are external sources we can't support them, but they may still work for your business. A couple websites you can check out are Amsterdam Products and 4Imprint. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Ryder,

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering how 4imprint configured this, especially on their product page. Do they use a specific app to show/manage all the data on their product page, like Style, Colour, Qty, imprint technique etc. Do they manage this by a special catalogue/pim app (if so, which one) or is easily possible in the default setting of Shopify? And if so, how does this work?

Many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Ryder,

I would like to know as well if it's possible with shopify to let customer upload their logo and than display the product with their logo. Similar to a t-shirt customizer. Thanks for your help!

Best,

Daniel

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
229 28 33

Hey there, @danielkrauter and @Deniseredondo!

To clarify, those websites I suggested are external websites that offer customization services. I just mentioned them as potential suppliers for custom products. I'm not sure whether those businesses are using an e-commerce platform or whether they've developed the website themselves, but you can try reaching out to them to see if this is something they'd be open to sharing with you.

For Shopify merchants, we do have a few product customizer apps that you can look into; however, they look like they all charge a monthly subscription after offering a free trial. For example, the Custom Product Builder app charged $50/month USD after a 30-day free trial, and the Product Personalizer app starts at $9.99/month USD after a 15-day free trial. The free trials are a great way to test out a few different apps before committing to the one that best suits your business needs. If you'd like to check out a few other apps, feel free to browse through our App Store!

If you're not interested in an app solution you can alternatively look at look at Hiring an Expert Developer that can build this feature into your theme. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes