I'm doing research for a project.
The idea is a store where customers can rent products, and they dont need to decide when to return. The user flow I'm looking for is this:
1. Customer enters website, browse products
2. Add one or more different kind of products to his/her cart
3. On checkout, it is like a "normal" checkout where he/she needs to fill out payment for the products he/she picked.
4. We deliver the products, and the customer will start to pay for each product month-by-month
5. Once the customer is done with renting the product, he/she can request a pickup (how?). No more payments will be made.
6. We pick up the products. Rental has finished.
Is this something anyone knows if there is a suitable app for, or how would you do this?
Great idea! You should be able to pull this off with two apps. You would need a subscription app in which you can set up recurring payments to the customer. That way you can charge the customer each month. For this, I'd recommend an app such as Recurring Payments & Orders or AAA Membership + Subscription.
From there, you would need a way for the customer to end their rental/return the order. For this, an app such as Return Magic, Returnly, or Rich Returns should suffice. This gives your customer the ability to create a return request. I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.