App for pre-orders / deposits

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Due to the current pandemic, stocks of certain popular lines are running low and no one knows when the next deliveries will arrive. Also, in the UK it is illegal to take payment for an item that is not available for immediate shipping.

Many customers are happy to reserve a product in advance of availability, with payment being taken later. Please can you suggest an app that can help us with this? Please understand that we're a very small online retailer and need a low-cost app.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 45 126

Hi, @Fewey!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that business has been going well for you during these difficult times, and I can definitely see the value in accepting pre-orders. I did manage to find a few apps that should allow you to accept pre-orders without requiring payment. Here are some options I recommend checking out: 

These apps all serve as a great way for customers to "reserve" a product. With these apps, you can accept pre-orders by replacing the "Add to Cart" button on sold out products with an option for the customer to be notified via email, SMS, or Facebook Messenger when the product is available, along with a link to complete their purchase. While this button typically says something like, "Notify me when back in stock", or "Email me when available", you may be able to customize the message to instead say something along the lines of, "Preorder now".

When a customer chooses to be notified when a product is back in stock, their contact information and the product (including their desired variant) can be accessed directly in the app, making it easy for you to see who has pre-ordered which products, along with how many pre-orders you have received. You'll also have the ability to turn off the pre-order option on specific products, should you choose to do so. 

I think you'll find these apps to be quite useful, and it sounds like they would work well for your business. It appears as though they all offer free plans, along with some paid plan options. I recommend taking a look at each app's About page, where you can read more about their features, view screenshots, and even access example stores so you can see the app in action. If you're ever needing assistance with any of these apps, you can find the developers' contact information directly under the Support section of each app's About page. 

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction! Let me know what you think. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

I guess Advanced Preorder App(partial payment option) would be good for your business .It will give you option to take Partial payment from your clients.

https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-pre-order

Thanks

vikas verma
shine dezign infonet
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
137 2 22

Hey @Fewey 

I run an app that does exactly what you describe.

Our main goal is to enable brands to test and make sales for future products. Allowing companies to accept customer order commitments. Payment links aren't sent out to these customers until you trigger them. These orders then go through the native Shopify system.

Feel free to email me: oli@preproduct.io
We’re London based, so it would probably be pretty easy to hop on a Zoom call if needed.
link: www.preproduct.io

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3
Thanks for getting in touch. I was asking on behalf of my client, to whom
I've forwarded your details and the link from the Shopify App Store.
We may be back in touch.
Gill
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3
Thanks for getting in touch.
I've passed on your details to my client and we may get back in touch to
find out more.
1 Like