App got rejected

Highlighted
2 0 1

Partner ID-1019380
App review reference-20556

My app was rejected with the following reason- "Your app does not need Shopify's API to function. Apps that do not need to use Shopify's API to function are not considered suitable for the Shopify App Store. We require all app developers to use our API's to automate the app as much as possible. This will ensure that the app will best serve Shopify's merchants. You can find more information regarding our API by checking out our developer page."

*Your app does not need Shopify's API to function. Apps that do not need to use Shopify's API to function are not considered suitable for the Shopify App Store-
The app does need Shopify's API to function, infact the app solely depends on Shopify's API without which the app can't function at all.

The API's used are : Shop API(called after onboarding is complete) used to receive store data and contact information of the store owner for support purposes.

Billing API- used for charging recurring subscription amount to the merchant.

Locale API: will be used to determine the primary locale of the store and will be used in the coming future to automatically translate the app in its suitable language.

*We require all app developers to use our API's to automate the app as much as possible. This will ensure that the app will best serve Shopify's merchants-

The app makes enough use of the Shopify's API to automate the app and does not require the merchants to manually signup or fill any forms to use the app.

Request you to please help me with what I should do to get my app published.🥺

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
145 2 34

What does the app do?

You don’t need the shop API for support purposes. The merchant will be able to contact you via your email address for support or you could add a chat widget to the app.

You don’t need the Locale API to translate the app. You can inspect the Accept-Language header of the client to detect the users language.

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

The app allows print on demand merchants to download free and premium designs using which they can then create mockup images(variants) and sell unlimited units of those variants without paying any royalty or providing attribution.

The shop API helps the app determine and record the current user of the app,  using domain and email combination and this information also is used in the built in support system to help merchants receive support without having to send an actual email and in all activities associated with downloads and upgrades.

Upon a detailed review on the backend(activity logs)- the app reviewer never really installed the app, completed onboarding and then tested the app. Looks like it was rejected just by looking on the Oauth grant permission page.

What should I do next?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
145 2 34

Sounds like a good idea for an app.

You should be able to reply to the email that was sent when it was rejected stating why the API calls are required. It might take a few days to get a response.

If not, contact Shopify through your partner dashboard and it will get directed to the right place.

I wouldn’t use API calls now for functionality that may be added in the future though. That’s a good reason for it to be rejected.

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
0 Likes
1 0 1

Same with me,i just started ecom at shopify but my APP rejected by shopify. Now again will submit and hope for positive response.

1 Like