App that adds individual SKU's to cart based on selected variants on product page

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi everyone!

We're in a situation where we are planning to launch a new product. This product will be completely set of modular parts that you can mix and match any way you like. We would really like to provide a great buying experience and offer a "configurator" of sorts where you can visually configure each part of the product (think 4 sets of variants with options A and B in each). Since we are using a fulfillment service we need to keep the individual SKU's down to minimum, so it's not gonna be possible to make SKU for each possible combination and keep them in stock. Instead we would like to use an app that adds to cart individual parts based on the users selection on the "configurator" product.

Just to give you a real world example - let's say we would to have a product page where you can configure your own Canon DSLR setup where you can choose between:

• Body: Canon 5D or Canon 6D
  • Lens: EF 50mm or EF 16mm
  • Tripod: none or Manfrotto 500mm
  • Extra battery: none or 1x Extra or 2x Extra

And after choosing the options and pressing "Add to cart" button, your cart would consist of individual items: Canon 5D Body, EF 16mm Lense, 2x Extra battery, etc.

After going through a lot of the bundle apps, I still haven't found one that does exactly this.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 61 120

Hey, @trakaismikus 

It sounds like you need a Bundle building app. These apps work by allowing you to create unique bundle pages. That way customers can choose from a selection of existing products, with all inventory and variants synced. This removes the hassle of having to create numerous amounts of different product SKU's that cover all of the possible bundle combinations. Here are two that I would recommend checking out:

1. Bundle Builder By Agile - App Demo 

2. Bundable by Sovi Apps - App Demo 

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey Dirk!

Thanks for those suggestions. The first one looks pretty promising although it's quite pricey. Will look into it and see if it fits our needs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
44 1 6

Hey @trakaismikus,

With the PickyStory app, you can create bundles and kits with tiered pricing and track individual product SKUs.

fashion kit.jpg

Hope this helps!

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks for the suggestion. The app looks great but I in our case I don't feel like it will be the one. But great work, I really like the "Shop the look"!

0 Likes