App that allows DISCOUNTS to Apply to Only ONE Item in an order??

Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you find a solution? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hello Danica, 

I did not find a solution here yet. Are you looking for this solution as well?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I need the exact same coupon code!  I didn't realize shopify doesn't work with just one product in a cart (highest priced item) until AFTER I had offered it in a contest!  GEEZ!!! So I had to set it up as a discount off total order which is NOT what I wanted to do!..  Any workaround is greatly appreciated!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I too am wanting to do a discount like this and am baffled that it is not available. It was available on other platforms I researched and I assumed it would be on shopify because it is so large. Please update whether or not this is possible yet. Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Agreed. Shopify needs to fix this. It's kind of ridiculous that it isn't offered as a function in the standard discounts. Has anyone figured out a work around?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 3 0

I'm sure that Upsell Cross-sell Smart Tool is the best choice in this case:

Automatically show upsell and cross-sell products when your customers click “Add to cart” or “Checkout” to boost sales via product upsells.

Create discounted upsell and cross-sell products such as buy X get Y, get free shipping, percentage and fixed amount.

Create more opportunities to show upsell and cross-sell products to your customers to increase the value of orders and make more money.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

I have the same frustration! I need a discount code to apply only to a quantity of 1 (or if there is only 1 item in the cart). This is basic functionality and should be available. I did not realize that Shopify did not have this ability and I would not have migrated my store if I'd known. Very frustrating. I have searched all the apps and there isn't a single one that will do what I am asking. If someone finds a solution please post. Thank you.

1 Like
2 0 1

Any update on this? We need this functionality and it seems simple. If we run a contest and say "winners can pick a free widget from this collection of (differently priced) widgets". They need to be able to pick the widget they want, but be limited to just getting that item free and not > 1 item. Right now, we have to set a dollar amount that covers the cost (and shipping) of the highest priced item in the collection, and hope that people don't realize they could actually buy 2 of the lowest priced items or 1.5 of another mixture of items if the dollar amount is not depleted after their 1 item...such a bad workaround.

1 Like