App that simply updates prices on up to 50,000 Skus at a time

1 0 0

Hello all - I am trying to find the best way to revise prices 2 to 3 times per week on up to 50,000 skus at a time. As you may know, the CSV file upload method on Shopify is limited to 15MB, which makes it impossible to revise prices  when you have more than 10K items to revise. 

Does anyone know of an app that would accomplish this? 

Basically, I just need to be able to submit a file (on my desktop or through CSV upload) that has my product SKU, along with the revised prices. It should not take longer than a couple of hours to complete. 

A few developers I spoke to mentioned it may be difficult to accomplish this through the APIs. 

So, if there isn't an app that currently accomplishes this, does anyone happen to know if this can currently be accomplished using the APIs, based on actual experience with a store that has over 50,000 SKUs. 

Thanks for any feedback. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9807 92 1561

Hey James,

The API has a call limit. For stores not on Shopify Plus you'll be limited to a 2 call per second rate. At that speed it will take longer than two hours for that many skus.

For more info on the API call limits:
https://help.shopify.com/api/guides/api-call-limit

I'm curious - why the need to update prices so often, and would it really be 50k that have changes, or just a subset of them?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
123 0 4

Dear Frederick,

It seems that there is no app in the shopify app store yet.

So a private APP can help you out with this. It should be easily doable.

Thanks

Rohit

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
107 0 3

Hey Frederick,

We can help you with this task! As we cannot contact with your personally using PM's.

Please contact us using this email and we'll be happy to configure this option for you.

eCommerce Solutions Developer
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3950 17 331

In my experience having built and delivered several private custom pricing Apps for merchants, the 50,000 SKU limit is not a problem. One for a bookseller with 100K SKUs was tested out and the results were, most of the problems were from Shopify API having gateway issues. When updating the connection would die from time to time, meaning the App had to be built to be smart enough to restart a job pricing from where it left off and not start all over again. 

50,000 SKUs a couple of times per week is therefore a goal you can achieve. Your comfort level with update problems will dictate how much you spend, since the scripting code to update prices via the API is actually very simple.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
196 0 11

Hi Frederick,

Our app launches this Autumn in beta, and we operate our application in our own secure environment. You can upload a CSV file to our app on demand and this capacity won't be a problem for us. In addition to uploading your retail prices, you can batch upload cost prices and lead time, all by product. This allows us to provide an auto purchase order suite, generating purchase order that can be emailed, downloaded or printed for suppliers.

We are launching our beta this Autumn, after years of hard work. If you click on our link above, you can sign up and try our app for free. We'd love to hear your feedback.

Kind regards,

Karen

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
196 0 11

Hi All,

I'm happy to confirm that our app is finally live and in the app store under the inventory category.

We offer cost price upload in bulk or via our super helpful RAPID method, profit reporting through our easy to use, yet powerful dashboard, inventory visability across locations, purchase orders, price markdowns.

Feel free to take us for a test drive - we offer a 14 day free trial

Kind regards,

Karen and the team

The Prosperous Shop

0 Likes
1 0 0

Can you post a link to this app?  

I have a store with 200K+ products and need a way I can easily update the prices annually via a price file the manufacturer gives me.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi,

(these comments are for Shopify staff to read)

maybe you should consider adding something like "take shop data snapshot". I see you added bulk operations to GraphQL but to me, it seems as your API grows it gets harder and harder to use it. I assume your goal is to reduce hit on resources. So option similar to bulk operations where you can choose endpoints you want a complete snapshot like products, metafields, collects... etc ... Apps can once get snapshot and later maintain data snapshots by receiving webhooks data. Then you servers CPUs will have much less job of handling read operations and I guess just dumpling data once is much less CPU and other resources consuming than reading data by filters and pagination cursors. In this case, the app developer server will be hit with CPU consumption instead of your servers.

Thanks,

0 Likes