App to block products in specific US States

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm trying to find an app that uses geo-location to show/hide specific products. Some of the products I sell are perishable and can't be in transit for long, and some other products that are too heavy and will incur excessive shipping costs. So I want to ship them only to nearby locations, while keeping the rest of the products open for shipping anywhere.

The app needs to be able to block products by US State, not only by country.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey Mike,

To block shipping individual products to specific States, you will need to use the Better Shipping App - https://apps.shopify.com/better-shipping?surface_detail=better+shipping&surface_inter_position=1&sur....

You can block shipping to States in the Settings-Shipping and clicking the edit button next to "United States". from there, just uncheck whatever States you would like to stop shipping to and Shopify will not allow people from those States to order products! Though, this method blocks people from those States from buying ALL of your products. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Mike,

Found a couple of products for shipping rates, that also have product level rules, not sure if they'll solve your problem, but listing them here for you to explore:

1. Shipping Rules‑ Shipping Rates by Stilyo Apps
  2. Advanced Shipping Rules by Bambri
  3. Parcelify ‑ Shipping by Clever Few Corp

Additionally, I myself have been working on a couple of Shopify apps, and would love to have a quick 15min chat with you to know more about the way you plan to set shipping restrictions, the total number of products for which you'll have these restrictions, if you only have a website or have mobile apps as well for your business. Based on your feedback, we'll evaluate and see if we can build something for this specific situation as well.

Let me know if you're up for a quick chat.

Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Forrester and 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey @MikeAl !

I found this thread while looking for answer to the same question. Could you please share what app you went forward with? Would help us a lot!

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 33

Hey Thomas,

You can try Geoip Product Blocker by Zendapps.

Cheers!

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
1 Like
1 0 0

@Harshil-Spica Did you create a solution for this? We're also looking for one. 

0 Likes