App to count physical inventory with barcodes?

Highlighted
2 0 0
I sell vintage baseball cards. I have thousands of them for sale and each one of them is professionally graded and has an associated unique serial number assigned to it. For eacample; I have 3 different 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle cards for sale. All 3 of them are the same card but each has been graded and has a different value and is unique as it has its own serial number associated to it. 37462837 - $300 - 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle - Fair Condition 83746297 - $500 - 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle - Good Conditions 27475947 - $1000 - 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle - Mint Condition Again, I have Thousands like this. All have a serial number. I have created barcodes for all of these and printed them out and attached the barcode to each item. I sell 70% online and 30% at trade shows. I need to do inventory counts a lot to make sure nothing is stolen. I am looking for a solution where I can simply scan the barcode of everything I physically have and generate an inventory count report that shows the discrepancy. Example, Shopify thinks I have 2673 cards in inventory. I scan every single card in my physical possession. A report is generated that shows I scanned 2668. I am missing 5 cards. It then shows me which 5 cards I am missing so I can investigate. Additionally, I have scanned 1 card that is not recognized by its serial number. I then need to investigate that and see what the error was in adding it to inventory. Does anyone know of a Shopify app that can help with this and is easy to use? Bonus if I can use my iPhone to scan in the inventory but also happy to buy a barcode scanner if needed. Again, I want this to run reports, not simply overuse the existing inventory based on a scan which is all I have been able to figure out how to do with existing apps. Thanks everyone!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1410 140 387

Hey there, Frederick!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

That is a really great question, coming from a retail background myself I totally understand the need for this feature when it comes to stock management. I did some digging into this and found two apps that will allow you to do this.

StockSavvy is $29/month and comes with a 14-day free trial. The description on the app page describes exactly what you need and this is the one I would suggest.

Another option is Quick Scan which is $5/month and also comes with a 14-day free trial. The reason I recommend SrockSavvy over this app is that the reviews on this app state that it takes too many clicks to be useful for stock taking.

I hope this helps!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey there, Frederick!

I am currently building an asset tracker. I can modify my current project to tailor your request.

I am currently building an IOS and android App to scan your QR/barcode, and allow you to assign the quantity so that I can update your stock on Shopify.

Where are you currently based? I'd like to have a face to face chat to see how I can help you on this.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
134 0 23
What's your app called?
Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Perhaps Sunfy can help you with your daily tasks.

It is a native app for iOS and Android where you can change inventory very fast with scan or full text search.

You can test it for free, here is the link.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Fredrick, I’m looking for exactly what you were looking for last year and hoping you found something you can share with me. I have an antique store with thousands of bar coded items and Was hoping I could just scan everything and compare that List to the inventory list and then investigate the Difference. The one app A person suggested sounds like it would do the job but $29 a month seems steep for something I’m only going to use once a year to do a physical inventory. Thank you for any feedback you can provide. Alan
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 2 7

Hi!

EasyScan would probably be the best fit for you. It can quickly increment or decrement inventory as you scan a SKU or barcode. It can also check inventory and confirm you have the expected quantity of items (you scan each item and get a report of how many of each product were scanned, and how many are expected). Also, you can automatically create orders just by scanning items. 

Pretty sure it's the cheapest app that does this as well. Here's the link: https://apps.shopify.com/easyscan-inventory-and-order

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Frederick,

If you're still in the market, please take a look at our "Stock Take" app. It can scan barcodes directly from the Shopify POS/Admin app on your iPhone/iPad/Android device using the camera. You can also search for SKUs and update inventory manually.

https://apps.shopify.com/stock-take

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hello Frederick:

A little late to the party here, but you might give our app, Cohub Inventory for Shopify, a try. 

Looks like it'll do everything you need, including scanning and generating reports showing missing inventory (aka "shrinkage").

A big YES to your "bonus" request: We include a mobile app that lets you quickly scan and count barcodes with a smartphone. No additional scanning hardware is required. It simply uses your iOS or Android phone's built-in camera to scan. Watch our overview video on YouTube to see it in action.

Also, with the large number of SKUs you have, I think you'll appreciate app's team counting capability. It lets you send text invitations to others to come help out with a count. 

Regards,

Steve