App to determine delivery date based on product

1 0 0

Hi,

I've been searching around but can't find any app that meets our needs. We offer a couple of different products, some which takes much longer to produce and deliver than other. We basically need an app that allows us to say if it's product type A delivery time will be 1 to 3 days, where as if you choose product type B delivery time will be 14-20 days. 

Ideally it would be great to be able to split orders so if someone order one A and one B they would be shipped in different batches but haven't found an option for that. I think the easiest solution is that if someone orders A and B it will be the longer delivery time that's stated. 

Hope this makes sense. Very much appreciate your help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
146 20 24

Hi, @Maggie_B!

I’m Helen from Shopify Support.

Good news! The shipping situation you are describing can be set up using our new Shipping Profiles feature. The built-in shipping profiles feature allows you to set per product shipping rates, which will enable you to indicate the differences in delivery times. To set it up, you will create a profile for each of the shipping zones that you ship to, as follows:

1. Go to ‘Settings > Shipping > Create new profile’.

2. Click on ‘create new profile’, and set up your first shipping zone. These are the countries or regions you will ship your products to.

3. Next, assign products to this zone that will offer the same shipping rates within the zone. For example, ‘Product A’. Name the rate, “Standard Shipping (1-3 business days)” and add the shipping rates for that product within the zone. 

4. Repeat the steps above to create a shipping profile for 'Product B'.

This works great when either 'Product A' or 'Product B' is ordered. But what happens when both 'Product A and B' are on the same order?

The rate value will combine at the checkout, but the difference lies in the actual rate name. For rates named differently, like “Standard Shipping (1-3 Business Days)” and “Standard Shipping (14-20 Business Days),” the checkout will display the combined rate simply as “Shipping”.

Therefore, I recommend to include the varied delivery times in your product’s description, as well as in your shipping policy in order to set the proper delivery time expectations for when a customer orders multiple products with different delivery times. You can even use an app like Delivery Date Range to make it more noticeable on the product pages.

Hope this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes