Solved

App to show delivery times based on vendor

crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

I'm looking for an app that allows you to display the delivery time for a product, based on the vendor. It needs to be shown on the product page and you should be able to customise where you put it. 

Accepted Solution (1)
JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @crashbandicoot 

In that case once the metafield is setup you click on "Edit Code" under your Theme, search for file #1 and copy this statement and replace it with the vendor name and the key of the field you've created.

And that's it!

JHKCreate_0-1615901564535.png

You can also skip the Metafield altogether and type the shipping directly instead of the metafields, so this code instead:

{% if product.vendor =="DI Designs" %}
<span>Shipping 3 to 5 Business Days</span>
{%endif%}

Let me know if that's clear

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi @crashbandicoot 

How many vendors do you have on hand? The solution can be solved with Metafields and then style the code accordingly on the product page. How proficient are you in Liquid?

crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

HI @JHKCreate 

I have around 6-10 vendors but I will be expanding to more in the future. For this reason, I need to be able to quickly and easily add shipping times to pages. I don't know much about Liquid unfortunately. 

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

With Metafields it would take around 10 seconds per vendor to add the delivery time, and it would then be automated on the side. Let me know if you'd like to see a simulation of that and if it solves it for you!

crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

@JHKCreate Sure I'd love a preview! 

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Would you mind sharing your store's URL so we can request collaborator access? Please install this app as well in order to do the setup: Metafields Guru – Ecommerce Plugins for Online Stores – Shopify App Store

Cheers!

crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

@JHKCreate My store is homeofficelife.co.uk (or all-bar-furniture.myshopify.com).

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Request Sent!

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

You can check this on the "Abberley Desk" product. 

To access the vendor field, you have to click on "Apps" -> "Metafield Guru" -> "Shop" & then find the DI-Design Key. You can then modify it here.

However you will have to modify the liquid file for the actual generation, it's pretty straightforward. Let me know if you need assistance in getting that setup.

crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

@JHKCreate This is amazing, it's a nice, clean and elegant solution to my problem. 

I'd appreciate some help with the liquid file, something like a tutorial that will help me create new shipping metafields on my own. 

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @crashbandicoot 

In that case once the metafield is setup you click on "Edit Code" under your Theme, search for file #1 and copy this statement and replace it with the vendor name and the key of the field you've created.

And that's it!

JHKCreate_0-1615901564535.png

You can also skip the Metafield altogether and type the shipping directly instead of the metafields, so this code instead:

{% if product.vendor =="DI Designs" %}
<span>Shipping 3 to 5 Business Days</span>
{%endif%}

Let me know if that's clear

crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

@JHKCreate Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm able to create delivery times based on the vendor, and it doesn't interfere with the other apps I use for product pages. 

crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

@JHKCreate I'd love to learn more about what else the app can do, it seems like a really lightweight option to add functionality to your store. 

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Let me know what you have in mind! Don't forget to like our messages and mark as a solution if the results are up to your expectations!