App to show which countries we ship to?

Highlighted
Excursionist
36 0 1

I was wondering if anybody has got any suggestions on where I can find an app that in a very simple and preferable visible way can show visitors to our site directly which countries that we ship to?

I was told this one (in the footer) from HappySocks https://www.happysocks.com/ wasn't a Shopify store but I was hoping that there was something similar out there compatible with Shopify...

Thank you!

Skärmavbild 2019-12-05 kl. 17.50.52.png

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

Depends on how you've set up shipping in your store, this can go in one of two ways;

If you have a general shipping profile - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/shipping-profiles#... - that states that you can ship to countries X,Y and Z, I'd use https://apps.shopify.com/geo-shipping-bar to greet your customer' based on their country, which is the information they're looking for anyways.

If you have specific, per-product shipping, then you'd need to somehow get the per-product shipping profile, and display a small pop-up accordingly. 

Before I elaborate on the second option - is the first one enough?

Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
91 8 15

Hey, @linda_pierre!

Thanks for reaching out today. To add to what @KidOnPoint mentioned, Geo Shipping Bar is going to accomplish what you are looking for. In the case of Happy Socks, it looks like their shipping selector widget is actually a language/currency selector and they have just edited the text of the widget to say "Change Shipping Country". So you could also explore currency switcher apps and make some small text changes.

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

Good eye, @Dirk, that is a custom edit of the switcher!

It's actually not a very complicated one, as well, @linda_pierre. Ping me if you'd need some more guidance on either direction.

Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 1

Hi!

That one I already do have installed but not sure how to use yet though (wasn't thinking shipping more if I had some specific message to specific markets like campaigns or similar). I was more looking for something visual like flags to show which countries we ship to. Just to show how global we are. :)

We do have the regular shipping settings (we ship to these countries) and a fixed rate (if you buy less than... and above free shipping).

0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 1

Hi!

The thing is that I'm already using mlvedas Multi Country Pricing app (for fixed prices in a few selected currencies) so I can't and don't wont to add another converter app. Also was thinking about adding Langify but later on when I have the resources to make sure that different languages can be applied. For now the store will probably only be in English (maybe Swedish also since I am).

There isn't a visual (flags) app to show which countries we ship to that isn't connected to currencies or language?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

I'd assume there is an app that does it already, it's just hidden somewhere in the configuration.

But this is not a terribly complicated thing to build - I can probably whip it up if you keep a list of countries you ship to updated in your admin panel.

So just to clarify - you ship all products to x countries, and would just like to have a panel with those countries somewhere on your page?

Or does each product ship to different countries?

I can sketch something out later today/tomorrow and send it to you, if you'd like.

My Apps:

My Tutorials:
0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 1

Wow that would be wonderful!! :)

We ship all products to all of the countries listed.

Australia, selected EU countries (Spain, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Croatia, Cyprus, Malta), USA and UK.

Did a quick sketch. Maybe this could be an app that more people want?

Skärmavbild 2019-12-06 kl. 15.10.18.png

0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 1

But instead of "change shipping country" just "Show shipping countries" :) So only a visual way with flags to show where we ship.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

Ah, alright, that really simplifies it.

Sure, I'll cook something up and be back with you this weekend / next week!

My Apps:

My Tutorials:
0 Likes