Yes, but getting those images into the CDN basically requires adding them to the theme used by the store, AFAIK.
The (quite lacking) https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/troubleshooting/about-cdns just mentions which CDN they're using, not explicitly how to get general items on to it (which makes sense, since they don't want you to have a static URL of anything in the CDN).
Anyways, I'll figure something out. Using S3-served images right now for testing. Just saw you added your app business to your signature @Adam_Sound_Onyx, very cool! That BTC currency converter thing looks mighty fine. Which API are you using in the backend?
Also, thanks! I'm just using Shopify's rates (I believe they update their BTC rate twice a day, don't quote me on that though):
Ah, awesome! Keeping it in the ecosystem is probably a good idea.
Alright @linda_pierre, I've got a basic demo up:
The "Countries We Ship To" Black button is generated from this form:
Which is currently an unlisted app (as in, you can't yet find it in the app store) on my partner account. The flow is as follows, currently:
1. Install app
2. Select Countries + Get Widget Code (a pop-up shows up once you click the "Create Shipping Countries" widget)
3. Place Widget Code anywhere you'd like on the page (it's just a black button, so wherever you feel is appropriate is great)
I intend to provide the basic version free of charge, and add a few premium features for users who want an extra somethin'-somethin'. Some things I thought about:
1. A searchable/filterable country form (to be included in the next iteration on this)
2. Better instructions on where to place the code (to be included on the next iteration on this)
3. Centralize the pop-up instead of popping it over the button (to be included on the next iteration on this)
4. Country Packs (i.e. "We ship to all of Europe") - To be included in premium version
5. Customizeable button/background/bigger flags - To be included in premium version
6. Automatic population of countries from shipping proficle - To be included in premium version
7. Automatic update of countries from shipping profile - To be included in premium version
This still needs polishing and some more work (see items 1-3), but is getting to be a nice solution. Would you be kind enough to beta-test this for me? If so, please ping me privately so we can discuss exactly how to proceed.
@Adam_Sound_Onyx since you've also been involved I'd appreciate your involvement as well, if it's not too much of a hassle.
Sure I can help beta test, for this point:
"3. Place Widget Code anywhere you'd like on the page (it's just a black button, so wherever you feel is appropriate is great)"
Initial thought is to accompany that statement with a recommendation of a place to put it.
Well, I was thinking the footer like in the original example Linda gave. It also kind makes sense to me to add it to each product page, but that might be an overkill.
I'll make sure my deployment server's working properly and DM you a link for authentication, so you can test it out on a dev store. Thanks!
Awesome! Deployment server's up, sending you some instructions via DM.
@linda_pierre after a bit of back and forth with the App Store review team (shout out for Laura M for her prompt response and helpful guidance along the way!), the app is now live on the Shopify App Store:
Please check it out, and let me know what you think!
I'll write up a short post in the main forum as well. Thanks for being so responsive in private messages too btw! I'm sure you're busy this time of year:)