App to show which countries we ship to?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
144 7 22

Hey @SimplyApps,

Great app!  I will add it to our internal list should a customer be seeking this functionality on their site.

Side note, have you considered automating the country list using the Shopify API?  For example, pulling a list of shipping countries using GraphQL?

{
  deliveryProfiles(first: 10) {
    edges {
      cursor
      node {
        id
        profileLocationGroups {
          countriesInAnyZone {
            country {
              code {
                countryCode
              }
              name
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
    pageInfo {
      hasNextPage
      hasPreviousPage
    }
  }
}

The above is just an example, I have not actually tested to see exactly what results would be returned.

Cheers,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
114 4 43

Hey @Joel-Reeds,

Yeah, definitely on my roadmap for this app:) Thanks for jotting down the query - why 10, though? I assumed most shops would only have 1.

Also checked out intuitive shopping - looks like a blast! Good luck with the automated profiles app, too! 

Freshly-baked Shopify Tutorials, Tips & Tricks. I also build Shopify Apps!
My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
144 7 22

Hey @SimplyApps,

By default, Shopify creates a single profile called "General Profile", but the idea is that merchants can expand their profiles to account for different product configurations.  I only included the first 10 results, but I would recommend expanding that, as well as checking the pagination to ensure you capture all results.

Thanks!  Our goal is to allow Shopify merchants to fully control their shipping rates at checkout to ensure they protect their profits.  There's nothing worse than to make your first sale and realize you actually lost money on it due to the customer paying inaccurate shipping charges.

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
114 4 43

Hey @Joel-Reeds,

Thanks for the heads up, and I agree wholeheartedly with your comment on miscalculated shipping rates!

Will look into this and report back.

Cheers,

Tom

Freshly-baked Shopify Tutorials, Tips & Tricks. I also build Shopify Apps!
My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
0 Likes