Application providing content

Shopify Partner
2 0 0
I'm thinking about creating an application similar to the review one which is getting some bad feedback due to its pricing - however looking through the docs I cant seem to find anything that indicates how, as an app developer, I might be able to make content available for a page. Unless I can find otherwise I guess I'd have to look at another option such as remotely hosted javascript includes or similar - however this kind of cuts off a benefit of being indexable by search engines (e.g. they dont execute the javascript, therefor they don't see the content...) Any suggestions would be welcome :)
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
195 0 3

Hi Matthew,

We’ve got plans for releasing another feature that’ll let you do something along the lines of what you’re asking for (bringing your app content into a shop page).

Until that’s released, you could investigate providing json from your app and having the shop include Javascript that you host that would tie-in the dynamic parts. Not ideal, but should do the trick.

Edward Ocampo-Gooding – Shopify Developer Advocate
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thanks Edward… Its a shame that this feature isn’t available right now, but I suppose you cant please everyone from the get go…

In the mean time, if I were using JS on the client side to pull the reviews etc – do you think it would be a ‘BadThing’ to require jQuery to streamline the DOM manipulation… or do you think it would be a better idea to keep it as ‘generic’ as possible…

I suppose using jQuery in compatibility mode so it doesn’t interfere with Prototype or Mootools wouldn’t be too bad…

//M.

0 Likes
24 0 0

I am doing this for one store right now with my app. I provide some content and just embed a small bit of javascript that does a jsonp request from my server.

0 Likes