Apply discount to only logged in customers for private sale

Tessa75
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

we are launching our site the week of our Private Sale.

I just discovered the discount options on shopify are extremely limited.

Does anyone know an app that can choose different types of customers to apply the discount ?

For private sales, clients have to log to their account to see the promotion.

Thank you for your help !

Replies 10 (10)

Risa
Shopify Partner
328 16 39

@Tessa75 

App Selly can help you to offer discount to specific customer segments:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
Tessa75
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you ! I will take a look to know if i can create promotion for logged in customers.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1638 58 452

Hi, @Tessa75 !

Let me tell you about Loyalty and Rewards program that let you to give your best users VIP treatments.

In the setting section of this program, you can choose what kind of discount to give to which customers (what actions they should do in order to get the discount or to be rewarded.)

You can reward your customers with cnvertible points for actions like leaving reviews, social follows, share wishlists, placing order and 16 more.

You will let your users to earn points and to redeem them for free shipping or for sweet percentage discount. You  can set up a variety of different flexible discounts and let your customers spend their collected points more actively by finding the most affordable discounts for them.

Also, there is a referral program available - that let your user to share the link of loved item with a friend. At this time, the sender and receiver can be rewarded.

Last, but  not least - you can thank the most loyal customers with VIP tiers and choose criteria for them (purchases made, spend amount and earned points).

For adding some of the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave. We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you.

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
364 5 179

Hi @Tessa75,

Have you looked into creating customer groups? That's the best way to offer discounts to a group of people and requires no third-party app.

Customer groups can be combined with discounts to offer promotions to specific customer groups. After you create your customer group, you can create a special discount only for that group.

Image 2020-06-23 at 3.18.44 PM.png

Michael, COO @ Helium
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (346 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (265 reviews)
CJSINGH
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi Mike,

thanks for the simple yet effective way to offer members/customer groups discounts. 
What are your thoughts on displaying a special price for the members on tables?

Example: From $12,870 $9,650 Member

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
364 5 179

That's going to take Liquid customization. You'll probably want to rely on customer tags, which will only work for logged-in customers. It's possible without an app, but much simpler with!

You might be interested in our blog post about members only stores.

Michael, COO @ Helium
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (346 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (265 reviews)

Ujjaval
Shopify Partner
1242 197 206

@Tessa75 you can create customer segment for the login customer like below : 
click on customer -> segment -> click on use segment 

Ujjaval_0-1686733888749.png

add below condition into the segment and gave the name of that segment: 

email_subscription_status = 'SUBSCRIBED' OR email_subscription_status = 'NOT_SUBSCRIBED' 

Ujjaval_1-1686734055729.png

click on the use segment and get the discount after choose any discount of them 

Ujjaval_2-1686734122674.png

From over here you can use the discount code by using created customer segment :

Ujjaval_3-1686734214309.png

choose below customer segment which has been created "All customer"

Ujjaval_4-1686734313578.png

CJSINGH
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi Ujjaval,

Bhai, thanks for the simple yet effective way to offer members/customer groups discounts. 
What are your thoughts on displaying a special price for the members on tables?

Example: From $12,870 $9,650 Member

CJSINGH
Tourist
4 0 3

I'd love to have a chat with you. Please ping me singh{at the rate symbol}bloomlifestyle.co

gphotonomy
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ujjaval,

Just tried your solution as seemed like it was a nice, elegant workaround. However, seems like it doesn't work and still allows non-logged in guests to use the discounts? Any ideas?

Thanks,