Apps for Doughnut Shops

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 342

@thetruffleman you've got the foundations in places,  still a ways got a ways to go with the design and polish.

Currently someone can just put 1 qty in the cart for a $24 product

You'll want to either have a policy disclaimer that you'll curate the selection ,or check against quantity and fill the rest of the cart either with the ajax api, or some cart redirects.

For example placing the following in theme.liquid <head> area would redirect and make the first line item quantity be 12

{% if template == "cart"%}{% if cart.items < 12 %}<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=/cart/change?quantity=12&line=1" />{% endif %}

DO NOT USE THE ABOVE IN PRODUCTION that is a super reductive example, and doesn't account for things like separate truffle boxes with different quantities,etc ,etc

Advanced - since your selling a box, and an experience,  consider literally layout the options like a box in a grid, or html tables if you have to.

This is much easier said than done though, so to start could just set it so customers are making less choices so they only chose which flavor a row, or column , is filled with to simply things to 3-4 choices and it's only ever 1 qty in the cart.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
358 42 72

Hey, @thetruffleman 

There is a great bundle building app called Bundle Builder by Agile that should suit your exact needs. Feel free to check out their app demo to see it in action, here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like