Attaching a list of event dates to a physical product and coupons - app suggestions?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi all! We’re trying to wrap our heads around how to solve this problem. Maybe someone of you can help?

So we’re trying to put a list of dates (event dates but it’s really just a list of dates) on our Shopify shop that people can book. Whenever they book an event, they get shipped a physical product.

I can of course add a physical product and add a list of dates to the description, but how can I allow a customer to choose exactly one of these dates?

Variants don’t seem to work here. We also thought of putting a select box with dates in the checkout area that is displayed only when one of those event-related products is in the shopping cart, but that would introduce a slew of other problemns.

Does any of you guys know about a Shopify app that can do this or some ingenious way to do it without an app?

Oh, and while I’m at it, and I hope it’s OK to put two questions in one post: There should be one coupon attached to each of the dates that lasts for 10 days starting at that date. Any apps that help us create these coupons automatically?

Thank you!!

CCM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1232 5 83

Hi CCM,

So we’re trying to put a list of dates (event dates but it’s really just a list of dates) on our Shopify shop that people can book

BookThatApp can help with this. It allows you to set up an event schedule for each of your event products. You can then show a list of upcoming events, or let the customer choose from a calendar, on the product page. Please see our demo store here and here for examples.

In addition to showing the dates, you can configure the maximum number of attendees for each event, and the App allows you to send reminders just before the event starts or after it has finished (e.g. as a follow up).

When you install the App a calendar is made available in your store. Here is an example: https://pragmaticinsights.myshopify.com/apps/bookthatapp/calendar In your case it would show events across all event products for each month.  

Unfortunately we don't have any features in the App to create coupons automatically, however we do have an API that a web developer could use to build that for you. 

HTH, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you! However I cannot find anything in the demo where there is a physical, to-be-delivered product visible with an event. Could you point me to an URL in one of the demo shops that demonstrated this ability?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1232 5 83

I cannot find anything in the demo where there is a physical, to-be-delivered product visible with an event

If I understand correctly, you would like to fulfil the order when the event is about to start?

We have a number of shops using us for this - e.g. dress rentals, camping equipment or BBQ hire.

In terms of managing the workflow for shipping, these shops are using the 'runsheet' report within BookThatApp admin. It allows you to filter upcoming bookings and sort by date.

Thanks, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes