Auto Print New Orders

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm looking for an app, software, or any other means to automatically print a new Shopify order to a network printer upon arrival. Even if I have to install software on my computer that would be fine. Solutions have to work with a Mac if it involves the computer.

Basically I handle all the order processing at my business. However, when I'm not there I want orders to print for my other staff to prepare for shipment.  I don't want to give access to the website.  

Any thoughts on various ways to accomplish this?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
210 1 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Wade, 

Jamie here from Shopify. Neat idea! Gives me a fax machine vibe. 

I imagine there are a few ways this can be accomplished. One that comes to mind would be to use our order notifications to our advantage. In your admin > settings > notifications > order notifications you can add a new email address. This could be somethign like neworders@example.com. We could then use somethign like this walkthrough (might work on Mac) on how to use outlook to automatically print incoming emails. I was also able to find this app (PC) that offers the ability to automatically print incoming emails. You can then customize your order notification template to include any relevant information for your warehouse team. 

There are some tools built into Shopify that could help you manage your incoming orders when you are not in the office. You can add an order notification to *any* email, which could include some for of staff email that your team can check when you are not in the office. You mentioned you didn't want to give your staff access to your account, but I felt I should mention that you can create staff accounts and limit their access to different sections of your admin. For example they could log in and only see your orders, and not your theme, settings etc. This Shopify Doc goes into detail about this process. 

I hope that gets you headed in the right direction! If anyone else has any other solutions I'd love to hear them as well! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

I've already built a Shopify app that can do this. You just download a small multi-platform app (windows/mac/linux) that runs in the background. When new orders come in, about 5 seconds later they print automatically to the printer I have set to the default.

I have no idea if shopify has any blanket policy about eligibility for apps that need you to download anything, but as long as that's not the case it will be on the app store fairly soon. Just waiting for a response from the apps team on if I can submit it to the app store or not.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I'd be interested when it's available.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am in the priocess of building almost exactly something like auto order printer and forwarder (via email or network shared drive).

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I just built an app thant do exactly that.

obedcamsan93@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Brennen - how does that work? Looking for a way to auto-print a packing slip in one of several shops when a click&collect order comes in.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi.

What is the name of the app? Can I get it in the app store?

Have a good day.

Peter.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Where can I find information on this app?  I am in need of this.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 1

Hi,

There is a Reporting App ( Invoices included) - it is running in you Shopify admin .

https://apps.shopify.com/reportjet

It may be possible to add "Auto-print' option ...

Anybody is interested ?

1 Like