Autofilling product page, true bulk editor - I'm wasting time

Highlighted
Excursionist
52 0 11

A lot of my time is spent repeating the same tasks, usually on the product pages. All my products are basically variants of the same thing and have the same info. 

Product A has 5 variants

Product B has 5 variants

Product C has 5 variants

each variant in each product has the same variant name, same price. But manually entering these each time is time consuming. I've used 'Bulk Product Editor' by Ablestar but it doesn't quite do what I want. 

After importing from Oberlo, this is what I have to do manually:

1. re-order variants, I see no way to do this automatically

2. Manually adjust prices of each variant

3. Manually name each variant.

'Bulk Product Editor' will allow my to run a search and replace on the variants, but it treats each variants as the same and doesn't quite work. 

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
875 72 205

You could use a spreadsheet and bulk upload the csv.

That will at least allow you to work faster with copy / paste and bulk replace.

The approach I would take is to go through the process of exporting csv, editing it, then uploading once and create an SOP. Then you have instructions for your VA to execute when needed.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 8

Hi @paul- 

We are a bit biased, but the best way to edit Shopify data in bulk is to use Airtable, and sync the data with the AirPower app. Take a look at our guide on how to bulk update your Shopify data with Airtable. 

0 Likes