Automatic notification of new stock

2 0 0

Hi, I am seeking an app which would allow customers to fill in a form asking us to notify them when we list a particular product for sale.  Our store only sells one offs, no multiple quantities, when an item is sold, it is removed from the site.  Therefore if someone searches for it by name, if there is no stock then I would like them to be able to fill in a form marking that as a favourite, similar to what happens on Ebay and then when we list a new item with that particular name, an automatic email will be sent to let them know.

Is there any app which does this please? There must be some kind of technology as Ebay and other marketplace sites use this system but I have so far not been able to find one in the App Store.  

Hope someone can recommend one.  Thanks!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I have had a brief look at those but unless I am wrong, I would need to keep my sold out items in the shop...? And also that the title would have to be exactly the same?  I sell vintage postcards of locations in the UK and other countries - say there is one of Lime Street Liverpool, then that sells, I want a customer to be able to fill a form in with the name Liverpool ... so that any other postcards of Liverpool when they are added to the store, he/she gets an email to notify them.  Not the exact title of the item just sold... as I sell one off items which may not be in the store again for a long time, if ever.  So just the town name would need to go on the form, not the exact title of the item just sold. This is where I think the problem is, in my finding the right app. Plus I don't want to keep sold out products in my store.  I have over 4,000 individual items up for sale and it would get mighty crowded and confusing if sold out items were also displayed.

0 Likes