Automatically Call Webhooks when Product Created

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am using a Shopify App to aggregate products into my site. Right now, merchants can install my app and then the app will automatically copy all their products to my site.

After the initial install, I'd like new products to automatically be copied over as well but without the merchant needing to do anything. 

I see there is a way to have the merchant manually go in to Settings > Notifications but I'd like it automatically setup when they install the app, nothing more needed.

Is this possible?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
129 27 31

Hi tore,

I'm not aware of a way to trigger webhooks as you described.

But as a suggestion, when you app is installed you can trigger a background job to fetch all products in the store via GraphQL or Rest API. This way your customer doesn't need to take any extra steps.

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
- Manage your new arrivals with Newr
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Okay, thanks.

That is currently how I have it setup and was going to re-run the job daily or weekly to track new products. Would there be any issue with API rate limiting?

0 Likes