Automation of a basic order workflow using Zapier - advise please :0

Highlighted
15 0 0

Dear Community,

I am looking for an elegant way to streamline and automate a quiet simple process:

After someone makes an order on my Shopify shop, the order data should go out automatically to my manufacturer. It should not go out via Email, but rather be stored in something like an order management system, project management tool or in a database, where the manufacturer also has a convenient overview of the orders.

The thing is: I want the manufacturer to see only certain attributes of the order (like personalized text on the sign, or color of the product) and not all the info like price etc. 

And then, the manufacturer is supposed to somehow tag the order as "shipped", so that the customer gets and automated email that the order is on its way.

It is pretty simple, but practically its not quiet easy to realize. I am willing to pay for apps like Zoho, Quickbooks, Asana or whatever is a great tool. I just would like to know what is your experience in automating this workflow. Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

Hi Nick,

We have done numerous integrations with Shopify. We do not have a ready app for something like this nor have I seen any app to suggest you a solution.

We can discuss and develop an app for you in a short turnaround time. Please contact us at shopify@parextech.com

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
57 2 10

Our new automation app, Mr. Arigato, can give you this level of control over what data is sent and it integrates with Trello for project management. You could start with our prebuilt workflow "Create a Trello card when a new order is placed" and customize it to suit.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Nick,

We actually have a platform to do this. We are in the process of releasing a Shopify app. You can contact us at integrations@cenports.com 

0 Likes