BOGO not working

Highlighted
10 0 0

Good afternoon,

I am trying to create a promotion using 'Buy X get Y', but is not working.

I put the name and everything.

I followed your tutorial but I must miss something.

Can you please help me with this ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

https://ibb.co/iGw2Fy

Regards,

Solene JULLIEN

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
231 0 18

Hi, Solene!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Hope you're doing well today.

Thank you for providing these screenshots here. Based on the discount you have set up in the image, you will need two of the '11 Piece Brush Set' and a single 'Brush Shampoo' in your cart in order for the discount to apply during the checkout process. I've provided an example from my own store below:

1. Discount code 

2. Checkout

If you have placed a test order and the discount code does not work, I suggest checking that the discount is published and ready to use. If you run into any troubles with this, let me know! 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

HI Anders.  With the new BOGO discount feature, is it possible to have multiple sets of products that are eligible for the discouunt?  For instance if I have a BOGO 50% Off and the customer purchases 2 items, it's fairly simple.  But, what if they purchase 4 items?  How can I make it possible for them to get the discount on 2 of those items vs just the one?

Thanks,

Lpaige

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
231 0 18

Hi, Lpaige!

The name of this discount system is actually known as 'Buy X, Get Y' as the quantities for both can be changed. I used the BOGO model as an example due to the original question.

When you're in the Shopify admin creating the discount, you will see there are sections to put in a value under both Customer buys and Customer gets. So you can create conditions where X amount of products (or even a whole collection of products) can be used to trigger the code. Then the customer can receive Y amount of products (or products from a certain collection) for free or for a percentage discount off:

We also have a guide on this process available here. Follow back up if you have more questions!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
6 0 0

I have the same problem, but a diffrent issue. GOBO does not seem to work with product collections. I get the "Your cart does not meet the requirements for the MULTITOOL discount code" error.

0 Likes
16 0 0

The automic discount cannot combine with other discount.

Selly may do it for you:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

http://selly-demo.myshopify.com

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,  I have a same problem. I created BOGO and its showing active in shopify platform. But I tested in website and its not working. Kindly help me out of this.

1.png2.png

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 0 2

Hey Solene, Bobby from the Bold Team here. Some great pointers already posted here. Another route you can take is using a combination of our Bold Discount & Bold Upsell App.

The nice thing about going this route is that it doesn't require any discount codes and it display a popup with the BOGO offer to help promote it.

We made a tutorial so that you can easily set this up. Check it out here.

If you have any questions just let me know!

Did I solve your problem? ✔️Accept the solution to help others.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
182 0 2

Maybe an upsell app can help you in case you have no hope with Shopify Buy X get Y

0 Likes