Best COGS and Inventory Management App

Shopify Partner
133 4 14

I like your app "simple purchase orders" I'm currently creating a desktop application for a customer who would like to be able to create purchase orders offline (when on the road at various suppliers) and then sync that to shopify somehow. It would be great if you have an API available where I could hook my desktop into your app and your app takes over from there. Let me know if this is interesting or not.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi, I just tired out your app. Seems like it does half of whats needed.

Once you've created several POs for a product at different prices and transferred the inventory, I noticed the Shopify cost fields is still null. Is this expected?

When an order happens, do you record the cost of the item in the order? If so does it use FIFO, LIFO or average cost? It seems like it just keeps track of your item costs at the PO level but it doesn't actually record a COGS to an order record...am I missing something?

0 Likes
5 0 0

Also, when I use the Export CSV feature, the "spo_cost_price " field is null for all my products, even though I did correctly add POs and add cost prices for each of those POs.  What is going on there?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hi there! There are a few apps mentioned in this thread so I'm not sure which one you're referring to here.

Inventory Planner does bring in cost prices as set in Shopify so that you don't need to enter them twice. COGS will also be calculated as you use the purchase order creation/receiving functionality.

If you're not seeing this information as expected in Inventory Planner, please message use while logged in using the chat in the lower right corner. We'll be happy to investigate the issue and resolve this quickly for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jill

0 Likes
5 0 0

I'm referring to "simple purchase orders" app. I tried your app too and it doesn't do what you claim it does. Must be a bunch of bugs. Would be  nice if you tried out what you're saying before you make your claims. 

0 Likes
5 0 0

@Jill3 Btw, I dont think you're understanding what this thread is about.  Please try to understand what users are asking before you post links to products that dont do what we need them to do. Its not helpful

0 Likes
Explorer
40 1 21

Hi,

We have tried Stocky out on a trial and intend to switch over to them, for we were very happy with how robust their platform is at an affordable price, including a full and robust inventory management suite with full cost of goods.  We have over 4,000 products and will be using stocky when we're able to make the switch.

Currently, we use Vend POS and their built in inventory, along with their terrible shopify integration.  It is going to take us some time to switch away from them (due to some APIS we need to have our IT team build in order for our account department to correctly receive the necessary information into our accounting program, Sage Intacct).   Anyways, we were happy with our evaluation of the stocky platform and would recommend you give it a try, as we will switch over once we can!

https://apps.shopify.com/stocky

0 Likes
1 0 0

Lightspeed is great for POS, but it's HORRIBLE for ecom. I spent tons of time and money and ended up switching back, Don't do it!!

0 Likes
7 0 0

DId you switch back to Shopify for POS too? Or just their website.

0 Likes
Explorer
40 1 21

Avoid Lightspeed at all costs.  Even for POS, it has many requirements.  Living on local servers instead of online is a considerable limitation for many things.

We had Lightspeed and switched to Vend, for the Shopify POS was not strong enough at the time we switched.  Vend POS is a solid POS, but it is still limited online.  Their built in ecommerce features are not good, but they do have a shopify integration, but it is poor.

Honestly, I think the best solution is to use Shopify for online and the Shopify POS, coupling with an inventory solution like Stocky.   This is what we intend to move to, as we still use Vend for our POS and inventory management, using their terrible integration app to connect to Shopify.

Only thing holding us up from the switch is the accounting program we use not working with shopify without first building APIs. But we will be switching as soon as we can get out IT team to build those (they are backed up on other projects for our organization until June of next year)

Shopify, Shopify POS, and Stocky (add in the Selly United, Growave, and easyship apps and you have a robust and powerful online and in store solution)

0 Likes