Best app for filter/sort collection?

nylamkt
3 0 0

I am looking for a collection filter/sort app that integrates nicely with Locksmith app.

I need to be able to specify which products I do not want to be included in the filter/sort (those which I have placed a lock on, I don't want them showing up in the filter/sort) and I need to be able to specify which tags to include in the filter.. I am having a difficult time finding this. Any suggestions of your favorite filter/sort app that can achieve this? 

0 Likes
Nancy_Drake
Trailblazer
137 8 14

Hello @nylamkt,

Ultimate Filter and Search app has Merchandising feature that allows you to exclude products from collections and search. You can manually select products to hide or create a rule to hide products based on tags, vendor, product type, availability  https://docs.sobooster.com/search/merchandising-collections-guide/create-merchandising-rules-

Create filter by product tags https://docs.sobooster.com/search/product-filtering-guide/filter-shopify-collections-product-tags-

You can try for free at https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-search-and-filter-1

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3510 281 673

Hi @nylamkt,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

A lot of the apps in the Shopify App Store work very well amongst each other. There are a few product collection filter apps in the app store which could be worth looking into here to help compliment you with what you're looking for and the Locksmith app. Let's take a look at them below: 

A lot of the apps above do have free trials, so it could be worth researching and looking through them to find the one you like best and can work with you and Locksmith. Because both the apps are made from third-party developers, there might not be an exact integration between them, but they still might be able to work in tandem to achieve what you're looking for. It's difficult to know this without testing them all beforehand. 

I hope this helps and gives you the best next steps to take for this. Should you have any other questions, be sure to let me know! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Entaice
Pathfinder
103 5 36

Hi nyla, 

We spend a lot of time thinking about how Shopify stores sort their collection pages and we second Nick's recommendation for:

Both are powerful filtering tools for getting the right products into a collection.  We try to help merchants take it a step further by powering the sort order of a collection (even if you have all the right products in a collection, it really matters what you show users first).  Happy to chat on any of your merchandising thoughts / needs 

You can increase your revenue by 5% by replacing Shopify's default sorts. Test for free. **Show me how**
0 Likes