Best app for predefined product options for used articles

Lasse-Outdoor
1 0 0

First I apologize for my bad english. Writing from germany, so I try my best.

I am looking for the best app for my shop I am creating currently.

Let me explain my problem, hoping that you can help me.
In my shop I only deal with used Outdoor Products. The suppliers send me for example ONE jacket and I set in on the shop. The Product MUST have different features, but NO options because I got only that one single jacket. It makes no sence to offer any options to the customer when I got only that one Jacket.

Those features, which describe the product, are

Sex (male ore female, maybe kids - in this case "male")
Categorie (e.g. Hardshelljacket or Softshelljacket - in this case "Softshelljacket")
Condition (e.g. "new" or "very good - little traces of usage" - in this case "very good")
Size (e.g. "XL - European Size 54" - in this case "L")
Manufacturer (e.g. "Mammut")

The different variants I can define in shopify are not enough for that product. For every single feature I need a predefined list of variants from which I choose the matching option.

Like:
Size
S
M
L
XL
XXL

then I choose the feature "L" for that product.

Why do I need that predefined list? Cause it could be, that at one single day I get 100 or more products. It makes no sence to enter every recurring feature by hand. That`s to much work and the possibility of making mistakes while entering is to big. Also I need identical written variants for implementing a usefull filter.

So once more: I receive that jacket. I want to open my Option list (Sex, categories, condition, size, manufacturer) and choose the right feature from the predefined list for that single product.

What is displayed at the shop for that product?
Only the variants, I was choosing but not any more options - because there ist only that single product in the shop.

Therefore templates ar not useful for me. Does anyone has an idea which app is the right for my problem? I hope you can help me.
Greeting
Lars

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
760 83 175

Hey, @Lasse-Outdoor 

I'd be happy to assist you with getting your product pages set up to your liking. With that said, I would need a bit more context on your exact needs since it seems quite specific. Do you have any example products or pages from other websites that are close to what you are looking to accomplish?

From there, I can look into any potential app options that would suit your needs. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Alternatively, there is always the Shopify experts directory (http://bit.ly/2NSDzvx) which allows you to hire a developer to create a custom solution for you. This may be more expensive up front, but it would guarantee it would match your exact needs and it would be a one-time payment vs. recurring monthly fees with an app.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog