Best linnworks replacement, UK store

Excursionist
49 0 5

Hi, as the title. We are a UK store and currently use linnworks to import orders from our amazon UK, US, Europe and Ebay stores in to, with the availability to add more shopify stores at any time and more selling channels. I was wondering if there are any apps that could do the same, mainly importing the orders so that we could then print invoices, packing slips, picking lists etc from one central screen. Also so we could map, and kit products from our stores skus. 

Anyone else using linnworks or any other apps that do the same that could recommend something to try would be great. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Karl, did you get anywhere with this. We are moving from Magento 1.9 to Shopify. We use Linnworks now, and will for the launch (.. 3 weeks) - I'm trying to get some help from Shopify (not happening) and Linnworks (their support has slowed over the last year I have found)  - not sure 100% if we can have two lo actions in Shopify or just have 1 or create just one called "linnworks" . DId you find an alternative. Our warehouse is putting in a new system that will link with Amazon and Shopify - so while we enjoy using it - it could we a saving we can invest in Apps.  It would be Good to Hear - best wishes - Gareth

0 Likes
Excursionist
49 0 5

Hi Gareth,

We did, sort of. We have actually gone down the route of having a bespoke piece of software made for us. We was using Sage for account and trade counter / phone orders, Shopify for our websites and Tradebox to take all the info from linnworks and upload to sage, and linnworks as the order management software. Our new software will replace all of these apart from Shopify, although it integrates great with it. The system is currently going through final testing and we are due to go live in Jan.

Linnworks was a great order processing system and management as all of our online sales channels pulled through to here, Ebay Amazon Shopify etc. Our new software will also do this, but also has the accounts software built in (similar to sage) and we have no need for Tradebox as this was only used to pull info from linnworks and update it to sage to keep our accounts in line. 

Tradebox have added tons of new features since we started using it, and honestly we havent explored these yet so it may be worth a chat to these guys incase they can help (I know a lot of the new features rolled out were aimed at replacing Linnworks).

If not I can put you in touch with the team who created our bespoke system.

0 Likes

Hi. Karl.

Thanks for this detail. I will take a look at Tradebox. Because we are having to deal with so many things with the move from Magento to Shopify I'm trying to keep as many things the same / stable as I can. MailChimp being one - I would like to change, but we will integrate the mailchimp account for now and then look at other options next year. Same with Linnworks, everyone knows how to use it. Trouble we are having is that Shopify dont really know linnworks and because its not a partner app - they have no support for it, and the Linnworks 1st line support are awful at trouble shooting. So for example test orders are being "fulfilled" in Shopify and so (according to linnworks) are not pushing through to Linnworks.  :)   Honestly this sort of thing drives me mad. I find 1st line support at so many digital businesses (Amazon / Linnworks / Countelss "apps" / Shopify / Theme developers) is pretty dreadful.    Anyway - enough of my hardships. Best of luck with the new system and the launch next month - I will take a look at Tradebox this week.  Best wishes Gareth

0 Likes