Best up sell /cross sell approach?

vivame
Explorer
74 0 8

Hi! My site is still in development and I am trying to determine what is the best technique for up sell / cross sell.

Here are the options I am looking at and I would appreciate any advice:

1. Use an in cart up sell app like bold, with the standard add to cart button.

2. Use the dynamic 'buy now' checkout button to speed up the payment process, and combine that with a 'post purchase' up sell app like Reconvert or One click upsell on the thank you page, as you cannot use an 'in cart' upsell app when using the dynamic checkout button.

I am only working with a small catalog of 15 - 20 products, but they are matching products and can be sold in bundles. When I research similar sites, they seem to use different techniques, some use the dynamic checkout button, and others use in cart up sell.

Can anyone share their experience on what has proved to work best in practice?

Thanks 🙂

Replies 10 (10)

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
246 24 93

Hi @vivame 

I am using an in-cart upsell app that offers various upselling options like:

• Multiple discount tiers based on cart price or cart items
  • In cart product upselling
  • In cart product recommendations
  • Offer upselling
  • Birthdays collector
  • Survey
  • Multiple Checkout button
  • Cart Urgency Timer
  • Additional discount option
  • Coupon Code option

There are more amazing things in it I would suggest you to check...!!!

Regards

Sagarika Das

► If the answer solve your issue please ✔ Accept it and hit like

► Need help with theme customization, speed optimization, fixing bugs?

► Let's connect: Mail me Or Skype me: live:.cid.2667d78144ce77ad
Appify_Commerce
Shopify Partner
31 1 3

Hey there, you could try our app for cross-selling your products. here https://apps.shopify.com/product-promoter-by-appifycommerce

vivame
Explorer
74 0 8

Hi, is this your app?

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 14.29.39.png

Appify_Commerce
Shopify Partner
31 1 3

No, it is not our app:- https://apps.shopify.com/product-promoter-by-appifycommerce this is our app. 

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
246 24 93

Hey @vivame 

Yes! it is. 

Hope you've explored it well.

You can ask me in case of any doubt.

vivame
Explorer
74 0 8

Thanks, does it work if you have a chat widget on the right of the page?

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
246 24 93

Yes, it will work with the chat widget.

Recom-ai
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

Hello @vivame,

We recommend you testing different approaches to figure out which technique or a combination of techniques will better work for your particular store. For instance, Recom.ai offers upselling and cross-selling options that can be configured according to any specific needs.

You can run pre-purchase and post-purchase campaigns showing your product recommendations on product, collection, shopping cart, checkout, and Thank You pages.

The app also provides three handy formats for products recommendations display: static blocks, sliders, and popups.

In addition, Recom.ai offers a 7-day free trial. So you can test it risk-free.

Feel free to reach out for more details!

banned

Charlie39
Shopify Partner
27 0 3

Hey there! You can check out this app Upsell cross-sell tool. This app will help you create discounted upsell and cross-sell products such as buy X get Y, percentage and fixed amount, frequently bought together. For example: Buy ‘’Quantity” TARGET products, your customers will get % OFF of ‘’Quantity’’ UPSELL products.... Hope this would help.

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4164 935 1586

Hi @vivame 

I'm Richard - CRO Expert of a Free Landing Page Builder for more than 90000 Shopify merchants, I would love to provide a solution to your question.

• You can use In Cart Upsell & Cross Sell app, it gently helps your customers buy more while they are already purchasing, increasing your AOV.
  • Or you can give it a try with the Personalized Recommendations by Wiser. It helps to display many widgets Automated or Personalized Recommendations, AI Based Recommendations, Recently Viewed, Recommendations in Pop ups, etc on your homepage, product page, cart, thankyou page, search page & all other pages of store.

Especially, PageFly integrates with Personalized Recommendations, you can not only build a beautiful to build a high-converting store with PageFly. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. Like my answer, if you find it helpful.

Richard - PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.