Best way to create Shopify Marketplace?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there, I am planning on building a Marketplace on either Shopify or an external standalone e-commerce app where other vendors can submit their products onto my marketplace for sale. I would like to have the store and Checkout UI handled on my marketplace, but then once a sale is completed I would like the app to submit the orders to the Shopify vendors store/admin dashboard for processing and fulfillment and take commission on each sale. I do not want to hold any inventory, and want this process to be as automated as possible. I think the best practice would be creating a sales channel app but I am unsure? Seems like I cannot host my marketplace on Shopify itself as it is listed in the Prohibited app configurations here and says

"Apps that host marketplaces on Shopify - Apps that connect merchants to marketplaces can't host those marketplaces on Shopify. Apps also can't let merchants turn their stores into marketplaces. To learn more about best practices for marketplace apps, see Build a sales channel."

Given all of the Shopify options and APIs/SDK's what is my best bet  for achieving this?

0 Likes