Booster App Has Left a Code, HELP!

4 0 0

Downloaded the Booster Upsell Bundle Products and tried to delete the app (after it didn't work properly) and it's still showing up on our site. We followed the apps directions to remove the code but it's still showing up in our cart checkout. Any help would be super helpful! Thank you!

Here's a link to the Booster article that was not so helpful in removing the app:

https://upsell-bundles.boosterapps.net/article/195-uninstalling-the-app-bu

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 18 61

Hi, @imwiththeband 

Elle here from Shopify. 

Can you please share your store's URL? This will allow members of our community to help more efficiently. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to Booster Apps support via email (help+ub@boosterapps.net) so they can take care of removing the code on your behalf. 

Cheers,

Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Of course! It's https://im-with-the-band.com/

I did reach out a few hours ago to Booster directly, but haven't heard back yet and we are hoping to get this down as soon as possible :) 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 18 61

Thanks so much @imwiththeband ! 

I took a look at your site (it's beautiful, by the way!) on desktop and mobile and can not see any upsell apps present on the cart page. 

It's possible that it could be cached in your browser. Would you be able to clear your cache to see if this helps remove it on your end? 

If you're still seeing it after clearing your cache, send along a screenshot so I can take a deeper look into this for you. 

Cheers,
Elle

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Elle!

Thanks so much for trying to help us out, it's really appreciated! So it is still showing up, I think you will see it on your end once you add items of $50+ to your cart, that's what triggers the upsell to activate. Once you do that go to the cart and at the bottom right-hand side you'll see a discount for 15% off Black Friday.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 18 61

Thanks so much for those extra details, @imwiththeband !

I inspected your page and it seems as though this text is coming from custom code (potentially not related to the upsell app) added within your cart.ajax.liquid which is set to display any discounts added to the order. 

I have a couple clarifying questions for you: 

* Are you looking to simply remove the text within the cart dictating the discount has been applied to the cart? If so, you will need to modify the code within the cart.ajax.liquid.

* Are you looking to deactivate the discount that is being applied? If so, you will need to deactivate the automatic discount set up for 15% off. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Thanks, 
Elle

0 Likes
4 0 0

We are hoping to completely remove the discount and let customers enter discounts with codes we have set up instead. We didn't set up an auto discount other than through the Booster upsell app which is why we are pretty positive that's where it's coming from. Is there any way to remove it if it's coming from the third party app without their help? Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 18 61

Thanks for letting me know!

It's possible that the app created the discount code; however, the discount code would still be activated under Discounts > Automatic discounts within the admin.

I just checked on your store and can see the text no longer appears!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
Elle

0 Likes