Bundle App / Script that Adds Each Product and Quantity in the Bundle to the Cart/Order

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am a Shopify plus customer and have been trying to figure out a way to do bundles but have yet to find an app that meets some specific functionality needs. I have reached out to Shopify Plus Support and they recommend some of the bundle apps but none seem to have the function I am looking for.  Wondering if anyone knows of an app that would have the functionality below or a custom script that might work.

The main function that all of the bundle apps seem to be missing is that the bundle adds the products in the bundle to the cart.  I would like to create bundles that when a customer adds that bundle, Shopify adds the individual items that are in the bundle to the cart and applies the discount instead of the bundle.  Most of the apps that I have found can manage inventory for bundles and discounts but don't actually add the original products to the order.

The reason I need this specific functionality is because our shopify store sends the order directly to our warehouse.  The warehouse can only pull the specific products via the barcode and quantities that come through on the packing slips from shipstation.  If I create a barcode or new sku for the bundle, the warehouse wont know what specific items to pick and quantities and theres not really a work around for them to manage a spreadsheet or info that tells them what is in each bundle so the order has to be placed with the quantity of each individual item in the bundle.

Example 1:

Bundle Y = Qty of 24 x Product A

Customer clicks the "Add to Cart" button on Bundle Y.  Shopify adds a quantity of 24 of the existing product (Product A) to the cart.

Expected Result 1:

Customer adds Bundle Y to their order.  Instead of shopify adding Bundle Y to their actual order, I want shopify to add a quantity of 24 of Product A and remove 24 of Product A from Product A's available quantity.  It would function the same way as if the customer added 24 of Product A to their cart from Product A's product page.  Additionally, if Bundle Y had a 10 percent discount, I would like that to apply to the 24 of Product A on the order & reporting. But also if the customer were to go to their cart and reduce the number of Product A to less than 24, the price would go back to the regular price for product A on the order.

Example 2:

Bundle X = 1 x Product A + 1 x Product B

Expected Result 2: When someone adds Bundle X to their cart, Shopify adds one of Product A and one of Product B to the cart.  If there is a discount on Bundle X of 10 percent, then Shopify would discount Product A and Product B by 10%.  If the customer removed Product B from their order in their cart, Product A would go back to the full retail price in the cart.

Example 3:

First 50 people to Buy Bundle Y (Quantity of 24 of Product A) receive FREE hidden Product C (Gift with Purchase) on their order.

I found some apps that would add the Product C (Gift with Purchase) to the order when the customer added 24 of Product A but it required Product C (Gift With Purchase) to be published live on the store which let customers cheat the system.  When I published Product C (Gift With Purchase) even with it removed from all categories, customers were accessing it by adding 24 of Product A which added the free Product C (Gift with Purchase) to their cart and then decreasing the quantity of Product A or increasing the quantity of the free Product C (Gift with Purchase).  I don't want customers to be able to find Product C (Gift with Purchase) on the site at all nor be able to adjust how many there are in their cart. 

Expected Result 3: For every Bundle Y (24 of Product A) added to the cart, 1 of hidden Product C (Gift with Purchase) is added to the cart but no other way to add it or access the product page for Product C (Gift with Purchase).  If the quantity drops below multiples of 24 of Product A, the Product C (Gift with Purchase) is automatically removed from the cart.  This would ideally be able to be limited to the quantity of preset Gift with Purchases.

Please let me know if you know of any apps that specifically do one or more of these functions or combination of apps/script that would work.  Or if there is a script that would work for the Script Editor.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
204 13 24

@TrevMac 

You can use app Selly to create bundles. When customers click an "add bundle" button, individual items are added to cart.

As bundles can be placed anywhere, you can place  them in your bundle product page, then customize its style to fit the page:

https://selly-demo.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/florals-square-neck-criss-cross-bow-...

https://selly-demo.myshopify.com/pages/bundle

You can offer free gift in bundle too and the gift can be hidden from your store with some custom script.

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Selly seems to work nicely at first. But when you advertise with .. "add any 2 dresses to your cart and get a bag for free" people are still forced to add the products using the bundle widget.
Adding two seperate dresses to your cart doesn't trigger the free item.

I'd love to find an App / Script that can actually read the cart and check for discounts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
204 13 24

@svdm83 

We've turned on the auto bundle mode.

The discounts now are added automatically based on cart items.

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Risa,

I've checked it out, and it seems to work great!
Only 'small' thing I seem to be missing is the option to generate a bundle product (instead of a widget).
Right now we have a page (collection) with all our bundle-products, and I'd like to be able to recreate this again.

Any thoughts on that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
204 13 24

@svdm83 

Here is a bundle product:

https://selly-demo.myshopify.com/products/sample-set-bundle

1 Like