Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Jason, 
First of all thankyou for your explanation, I set a discount offer of buy X and get Y and did everything right, but the offer is not showing in cart section, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

HI! just wondering if this Buy 2 Get 1 free will work if a customer buys multiple 'sets' of 3 for 2 in a single transaction?

For example in a single transaction it's possible people may buy 2 and get one free; 4 and get 2 free; 6 and get 3 free etc. and more.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Felicia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
625 47 136

Hey, Felicia!

To clarify, are you referring to discount codes or automatic discounts? Also, how are your 'sets' structured? Are you using a bundling app or are your sets simply standalone products that can be purchased individually? How the discount works really depends on how these sets were created. 

If you're simply referring to individual products, then yes, this would be possible. In fact, I created a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" discount code to test this out here on my end and I can confirm that when I add 6 products to the cart and enter the discount code, 2 of them become free. I also created an automatic discount with the same conditions and received the same results.

I encourage you to create either a discount code or automatic discount on your end and then proceed through the checkout to test the functionality. You don't need to actually make a purchase to find out whether the discount works successfully; you should simply see the discount reflected in the checkout without moving forward through the payment stage. Keep in mind that discounts can always be disabled or edited, so there's no need to worry if you make a mistake! 

I hope this helps clear things up. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks Julie! 

This is the perfect solution and works really well. So happy with Shopify as a platform thank you.

Felicia

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
625 47 136

So glad to hear it, Felicia! Thanks for your update. 

As you continue working on your discounts, I just wanted to pass along our blog post, "19 Ways to Use Offers, Coupons, Discounts, and Deals to Generate More Sales". There are a ton of awesome tips in there to help you use discounts to drive sales and customer loyalty, including some suggestions on how you can promote them. This blog post also contains a few examples of successful promotional campaigns to help give you some ideas for your own. I think you'll find it quite useful!

Feel free to let me know what you think. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I've the same problem, it shows "MYCODEXYZ discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart" Could you help me? my store is hydroponicsclub.myshopify.com and my code is RAPIDSTACK1

I try to use the option : spend $$ and get one gift.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
625 47 136

Hey, @AndyDR1!

Thanks for sharing the link to your store and the discount code you created. I'd love to test this out here on my end, but I'll just need a bit more information before I can do so. 

First, did you create this discount code through the Discounts section in your Shopify admin, or are you using an app? Are certain products only eligible for this discount code? What's the minimum dollar amount required for this discount? 

Also, I noticed that you shared two separate codes, one being MYCODEXYZ and the other being RAPIDSTACK1. Can you please confirm which discount code is to be used? It would also be super helpful if you could share a screenshot of the discount you created within your Shopify admin. This will allow me to see how the discount was set up before testing it in the checkout here on my end. 

As a side note, if you are looking to have a product automatically added to the customers' cart as a "free gift", then I would suggest looking into an app like Sales Motivator or Free Gifts by SecomappBoth of these apps will allow you to automatically add specific products to the cart based on specific conditions, like a minimum order value. If this is what you're looking for, then I think either of these apps will be a good fit for you! 

With a bit more information, I'd also be happy to test out the discount code you created here on my end.

Looking forward to your response!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for your answer, here I leave the printscreen of my discounts, I have tried 2 methods and none works. the first is the code RAPIDSTACK1 and the other is an automatic discount (gift).
Thanks for the proposal of the applications, but for the moment I would like to use the functionalities that shopify offers me before purchasing a new application. I would appreciate very much if you can help me.

AndyDR1_2-1600916193768.png

AndyDR1_1-1600916001862.png

AndyDR1_0-1600915600719.png

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Julie,

Could see my last message. 

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
625 47 136

Thanks for the screenshots! I'd love to dive in and see what's going on here, but unfortunately I'm not able to see the details of these discounts. Not to worry, though! Let's just gather a bit more information. 

Based on the last screenshot you shared, it looks like the products you added to your cart may have not been the same products associated with this particular discount code. If you click the RAPIDSTACK1 discount code (shown in the first screenshot you shared), you'll be able to see the details of this discount, including the products that this discount can be applied towards. Feel free to share a screenshot of that page or simply let me know which products are specified there. 

It would also be helpful if you could do the same for the automatic discount; I tried adding three different products to the cart and it looks like the price on two of the items didn't change, which indicates that I may have added the wrong products. If you can let me know which products or collections both of these discounts can be applied to, that would be great. 

I should also mention that the Community Forums are not a live support channel, so if you need immediate assistance, it would be a good idea to reach out to our Support team via live chat here. I'm happy to continue helping here, but if this is something you'd like resolved urgently, this would definitely be the way to go. 

Hope to hear from you soon!

0 Likes