Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Solved
Tourist
5 0 0

Oh and I think i forgot to mention the site Im attempting to fix. It's https://eurban-panda.myshopify.com/.  Give it a look if you'd like. At this point you could access my whole shopify dashboard and change around whatever is needed to get this to work properly because Im just lost at this point. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi, thanks for your answer.

In this page there is a note saying that "Buy X get Y promotions are currently available only for selling online".

Can I test the POS function within trial?

0 Likes
3 0 0

I actually already downloaded the POS app and tested this. On POS app I tried to apply the discount code at cart, but got an error notice saying "Discount code does not exist". I checked the code is valid.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
358 69 116

Hi, Stacey (@EurbanPanda)!

Thank you for your store URL and your support. I'm glad that my answer was useful to you. Thank you so much in advance. Now let's go over the questions you mentioned.

I've noticed that your products are now priced at $0. Perhaps you've gone with a different selling strategy? That being said, here are the answers to your question.

The page to select the second product for a different variant is this page - we called it the product page. The customer has to click on Continue shopping at the cart page to go to the product page after he/she/they had selected the first product to buy. 

29_08-pw7oy-l59o8

Then he/she/they will see this page and click on the Aviator Sunglasses to go to the product page.

29_11-ukozg-s42ad

Just like the first time, the customer, then, have to select a different variant here.

29_11-tjibx-jyyw6

This is the result before heading to the checkout page.

29_03-awnfp-c09vt

Once the discount code is applied at the checkout page, one pair of the sunglasses will be free. Keep in mind that when your products are at $0, this discount code may fail to work as it is already free.

Yes, there is an automated discount code available at Shopify. It is right here at your Shopify admin.

29_23-qpiof-mjdsr

Don't forget the customer still has to go through the same purchasing flow as above to enjoy the discount. Here's a great document on how to set up an automated discount code.

If you run into any other issues or want me to clarify on any points, feel free to reach back out here. I'd be happy to go through with the flow in other forms.

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
358 69 116

Hi, @johannna!

Thank you for downloading the POS app and give it a try. As you've read on the document, the discount code currently only works in the online store, not POS - meaning even if you've entered the correct code, the code will fail to work at the POS app as it currently only works on your online store.

Let me know if you need more clarification or have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out here. I'd be happy to help you achieve your goal.

Best,

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

OMG Jason!! Thank you soooooo much!! You totally helped me out and I would have never have guessed it worked that way. This helped so much I tried liking you multiple times on my post and it wouldnt allow me :( so ill just find more of your posts to like because you ROCK!! Seriously, Im not the only one w this issue. I found a lot of comments about the same problem when trying to search for a solution online. Shopify should REALLY post a video on how to perform this discount w multiple variants properly. Unless they already did and i just missed it somehow. Anyway, thank you again Jason, have a great week 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
358 69 116

Hi, Stacey (@EurbanPanda)!

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback. It made my day!

The discount code setup and usage can be tricky. It requires a fair bit of breaking down and it isn't as intuitive as most merchants would've liked. Now we have this post up, let's hope the merchant can locate the answer as we speak! Since you're about to launch, don't forget to check out The Essential Shopify Launch Checklist. As opening a store has so many things to attend to, by going through this checklist first, it'll ensure your launch goes as smoothly as possible.

Last but not least, when I was going through your store, I noticed that one of your section on the homepage is unfinished.

29_18-ohdp5-atcvt

Keep in mind that each section at the homepage is like a real estate. Don't waste any valuable space! You can use the space to promote your brand and engage with your visitors. You can edit this section from Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize. In the theme editor, on the left-hand side menu, click on the Footer section. Under the Content section, click into the first block and you'll be able to edit/add your promotion/brand information. Once you're done, don't forget to click Save at the top right corner. 

Wishing you a wonderful week as well and a fantastic launch! 

Cheers,

Jason 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
155 3 0

TRy out Upsell Cross-sell Smart Tool app. You can create BOGO, free shipping, discount and even suggest the related products for customers to buy more: 

• Create product upsell and cross-sell offers: Set up upsell and cross-sell offers easily. Show popups after customers add to cart or decide to check out.
  • Encourage shopping needs: Suggest different products so that customers buy more items and grow the cart value
  • Increase your revenue: Drive more sales by offering to upsell and cross-sell products. Expand the cart value by stimulating customers to make other purchases.
0 Likes
4 0 0

The problem is the customer has to put the product they will be getting for free in their cart first.  No one will intuitively know to do that.  They will get the error message, get pissed off, and shop elsewhere.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
41 1 4

I agree with @JAKQ0s and I'm looking for a way to ease the process.

I'm pretty sure with some code there must be a way to automatically add the free product to the cart without manually adding it (manual and automatic discounts do not do that). There must be some documentation on that topic somewhere, or can someone give us guidance on where to begin to do this smartly ?

Thanks hips.

0 Likes