Buy X Get Y

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 2 7

The new app Gifter: Auto Add to Cart is probably exactly what you're looking for.

You can include products in the customer's cart automatically when a) a certain product is in the cart, or b) the cart value exceeds a certain amount. There's a 5 day free trial and it's pretty affordable as well ($5 / month). 

https://apps.shopify.com/gifter-cart-auto-include

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Buy 1 product and  Get 2 (1 Free)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Any update on this?  really doesn't make sense Buy X get Y free,   if Y must be preselected  by the customer in order for the discount code to work. 

@Ann wrote:

Hey Thibault, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

You're right! At this time our new discount feature will only work when both items are in the cart, and the discount code is then inputted. There currently is no way around that, however, I can definitely see how this would be a valuable addition to this feature. In this case, I will pass this along as feedback to our developers and maybe this will be something they add to our discount tool in the future. 

In the meantime, I did take a quick look in our App Store, and I was able to track down some apps that might help here. Take a look at the following: 

It looks like both of those apps will let you assign free gifts to orders, so your customer won't have to do that work themselves. That said, these apps were made by third party companies, so if you had any questions, or wanted to find out more about how they worked, your best bet will be to reach out to the app developers directly. Their contact information can be found on the app's page. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
244 15 28

@AnnaG 

You can offer Buy X get Y via app Selly:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

When customers add X to cart, Selly will display Y.

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

this is what we want to do but can't get the programming to work.

@Alex263 wrote:

it would be great if you created a code that automatically adds to the cart the products the customer receives for free if they buy the X product.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I 100% agree there. 

The BXGY functionality delivered by Shopify as it is currently implemented doesn't make any sense. 

customers do not understand that they have to add Y to the cart first and then apply the discount code. 

Could this please be fix ASAP? 

As it's been said many times, this is a critical functionality to boost sales and appreciation for our customers: you want to be able to send personalized codes for VIP customers when it's a special day (black Friday, anniversary, birthday etc...) to offer them a free gift for example with any purchase. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

I have developed an app for a client who is now a public, which meets exactly this need: https://apps.shopify.com/really-automatic-discount

See if it meets your needs ! Many improvements are coming.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey,

Still no action about this. It is really a big mistake not to take into consideration this critical issue, I really don't understand why Shopify doesn't want to add this very simple feature for their customers...Very annoying since the issue is pending for almost 2 years now...

1 Like
Highlighted

Ugghhh.... I couldn't agree more. This is so insane.  And it looks like none of the other apps actually allow you to input a coupon code which would then populate the checkout cart with the added freebie item.  This is so hard!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann, it seems like these apps only offer the ability for the free gift to automatically enter the checkout cart.  I think what a lot of us are asking for is a way for a customer to input a discount code and once entered, the cart would automatically populate with the specific item tied to that coupon code.  

For example, I want to give my customers a free 4-pack of cookies on their birthday, if they buy a 12-pack.  They add the 12-pack to the shopping cart, and at checkout they input the code "ItsMyBirthday" and all of a sudden that special item populates into the checkout.  It can't be automatic or anyone buying a 12-pack would be offered the free birthday gift - and that's not what I want.

If you know any other apps to do this, please let us know.  Otherwise, can you PLEEEEASE have the Shopify developers work on this???

Jenn

0 Likes