Buy x get y (when x was already bought)

Highlighted
3 0 0

Scenario:
We offer a program that will receive a paid update. Existing customers should get a discount. So if the customer has bought the product (once) they should receive a discount on the update.

So we will crate a new product for program_2.0 and would like to offer a promocode for the ones who have program_1.0.

As it is now you can only add a discount if the customer buys both at the same time.

Any ideas? Preferably this should be automatic..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 32

Hi @Magnus_Lorvik 

We wrote a guide on how to create a buy x get y discount, I think it might be helpful to you.

Cheers.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Am I missing something here? Your guide and the function in Shopify is for the scenario that someone buys x then they get y at a reduced price in the same shopping cart.

What I am asking is that they get X at a reduced price when Y is already bought in the past. They already own Y.

Scenario: Customer buys program X verion 1.0. Goes on their marry way and returns one year later and discoverd program X version 2.0. Since they own program X version 1.0 they should not pay full price. Customer then adds program X v2.0 to their cart - but since they have 1.0 in their purchase history - they get a reduced price. Either automatically (preferred) or threough a discount code that we create.

Not sure how I can explain this any more detailed. And I am sorry if I am completely overlooking something in your guide.

0 Likes