By by weight

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 4 10

The problem is that once the purchase is done, you can't modify it. You would've have to either refund the some money or charge some more. Or you can use apps I mentioned above, where you can (supposedly) edit the order and modify it's price quantity etc. Behind the scenes you're not really editing tho. The app cancels the initial order and makes a new one.

Did I help in any way? Consider a ? and/or ✔️
Contact me ✉️ nosheep6@gmail.com
Buy me a coffee ☕ Paypal link
Highlighted
2 0 3

Hi, I am going through the same dilema. I did download unitpricer and it does adjust the price per weight but it does not update the inventory which is a huge problem. We can’t go back to the Shopify POS to update the inventory Every time there is a sale. We have three shops and that would give employees access to the admin which could compromise the stock.
I also agree that such feature should be embedded into the Shopify POS as there are millions of fresh produce retailers and could guarantee a market for the developers. As is the system is narrow minded.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

Any update on this Request do you have a solution yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0
Nope. No solution. My current workaround is to price at $.01 for the product and then to make a separate bill once I know the weight of the food. Big pain. If anyone solves please lmk.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Here is the issue with unitpricer. We sell apples by the lb. Apples do not require sales tax in our state so we have set up the item to reflect that in Shopify. Unfortunately, when you use unitpricer it automatically adds the tax. Since there isn't a scale that integrates as of yet below is the process we have to follow to put in one item in the register for pound apples at our store...

I am referring to the POS application...I'm not sure how any of this would work with online transactions.

Weigh item on scale

Enter price per pound so the scale will give us the dollar amount to charge the customer

Select the item in Shopify

Select unitpricer app

Adjust price in unitpricer

Go back to that item to take off the sale tax

It would seem logical for Shopify to create an item that doesn't have a predetermined price. Let the app prompt the employee for the price after they select that item/tile. Or, if we were even allowed to adjust the price of an item after it was in the order on the POS that would be adequate as well. If there was a preset price but it could be modified easily that would work. I realize this is a new release but this seems like a pretty big oversight for those customers using the POS.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi! We spoke with Shopify yesterday. It seems like the best solution is to
utilize an app like "Orders and Product Fees" to charge an overage (ex:
10%) on those types of items, and then refund the difference once you've
fulfilled the order and have the accurate weight. That is the app that
themeatking.com is using, so you can check that out if you'd like an
example of how this functions on the front end. We're hoping this will work
for us too. Hope that helps!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you tell me how you adjust the weight charged? From what I can work our shopify can't sell in decimal places only whole units. So if meat is priced /kg you can't sell 1.23kg. Only 1kg or 2kg. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, any news regarding this subject? 

It is a serious setback for all sell by weight businesses 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any updates on this? We're also facing the same problem. Huge opportunity/problem for app developers to solve.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
173 13 28

@JustinW2 please check out the app that we've just built which enables you to add tax-exempt products to your POS cart: https://apps.shopify.com/sell-products-by-weight. The tax-exempt feature works if you're on iOS and the new Shopify POS. 

We can also integrate with a weigh scale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dDjoPVC54

Lastly, for anyone else in this thread, we also have an app that enables you to scan price-embedded barcodes (like those printed from a deli scale): https://apps.shopify.com/scan-price-embedded-barcodes

0 Likes