By by weight

Highlighted
2 0 2
Hi

We are looking to sell by weight but a customer will pick for example 1kg but when we select the object it might be +\- this amount and we will need to adjust because will change price.
Anyone know how I might Handel this or app that can?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

Hi, @NiallS.

Tira here, from Shopify. I would love to help! 

Good question. What is the product that you're wanting to sell by weight? Is this for your online store, or are you looking to sell through Shopify POS

Once I have some more information from you, I can provide you with some guidance and resources. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

What product are you selling by weight? Also, do you want to '+/-' the order weight or just the price of the total order?

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi

selling fresh seafood by weight. need to adjust the the price and also the weight

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

Thanks for getting back to @HariKrishna and I, @NiallS.

It sounds like you want to weigh food products. I did some digging into our App Store and you can use an app called Unitpricer to help you with calculating the product cost by weight and quantity. This app works for Shopify POS and you can switch units at anytime, offer a volume discount and get a report for products with a "sell-by" date. 

Other options you can consider are using product customizer apps. Here are some of my recommendations:

Infinite Options - You can set minimum and maximum values on numeric fields.

Infinite Product Options - This app allows your customers to edit options in their cart without needing to start their shopping process again.

You can find similar options from our App Store, here: Product Customization Apps

When you want to contact the third-party developer for questions or assistance, you can find their information listed under the "Support" section of the specific app's page. 

You can also look into hiring a Shopify Expert to help you with this request. Shopify Experts specialize in coding custom features into your store and can help with a variety of different tasks to enhance your store. You can find our Experts Marketplace here for a list of Shopify Experts in your area.

I'm curious to see what the community has to suggest!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

I am also looking to sell seafood on our web store.  We are looking for the flexibility to change the final weight and price of a customer's order before it is packed.  Example- a customer orders 1lb of salmon for $18/lb, they are charged $18 but the charge could change once I enter the final weight. I fulfill the order and the actual weight is 1.07lbs.  The charge is adjusted to $19.26 after I fulfill the order.  

Is there an App that would allow us to alter the final price +/- for our application with fresh seafood?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

Hi, @BostonRyan.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Thank you for your question.

I recommend taking a look at the apps I have listed in my post above. If you have already tried these apps on your store, I would love to hear if you have any feedback on these apps. I am happy to forward your feedback to our developers team so that they are aware of how we can improve our platform for you and all of our merchants. 

If you're using Shopify POS, you can use the Quick Sale option to set the price manually each time you make a sale with your product. Check out our help doc for these steps: Quick Sale on POS. You could weigh your seafood and then after weighing your seafood, you can calculate the price externally and then add the total price into your Quick Sale. The order will then be recorded with the total sale. 

I'm curious to see what the community has to suggest!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5
Hey thanks for responding. Unfortunately the apps above are not going to
support the functionality we are looking for. Here’s an example of what we
want to do:

We sell fresh salmon for $16/lb. A customer purchases 1lb from our online
store. We cut the salmon and pack the order, but the final weight is
1.06lbs. We enter the final weight into the app/Shopify and the price is
automatically adjusted to $16.96. The customer is notified of the final
weight and price. OR the other way- the final weight is 0.96lb and the
final price is adjusted to $15.36.

Any grocery merchant selling fish, meat, cheese, produce, etc. could really
use this functionality to charge customers for exactly what they are
getting. We won’t be able to cut exactly 1lb pieces of fish on a regular
basis. Just like buying at the grocery.

Mercato (probably a competitor sorry) offers this functionality to
merchants on their platform. Would be great to get it on Shopify too.
There’s going to be a huge demand for this in the future as more merchants
utilize online sells in the grocery industry. Thanks!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 4 10

But you would still have to charge 16$ initially no?  And then based on the actual weight you would either refund them a few cents or charge some more? If that's not the case, you would have to delay the payment until you know the actual weight. 

Did I help in any way? Consider a ? and/or ✔️
Contact me ✉️ nosheep6@gmail.com
Buy me a coffee ☕ Paypal link
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5
The way this is used on other platforms- a hold is placed on their card for
the $16, but the final amount will change based on final weight. Like when
you go out to eat and leave a tip, the amount is subject to change.
Refunding is possible now, but charging more than the authorized price
requires sending a new invoice and the customer having to pay again for the
small amount.

Looking for a way to just enter the final weight, and the accurate price is
charged to the card automatically.