Can I set my store currency to USD but be payed out in GBP using Shopify payments.

Highlighted
1 0 0

My company is based in the UK and I primarily want to sell to the US, this is why I want to set my store currency to USD. If I do this and set the payout currency to GBP, will that allow me transfer the money into my UK bank account without a problem. Then I do not need a US company/social security number in order to sell there, correct?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 51 116

Hello, @curly10808!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Great question! If you're using Shopify Payments as your payment gateway, you can charge your customers in USD but your Shopify Payouts will be paid out in your local currency, which would be GBP. We have a detailed guide that you can check out, here, which will go over details about how to sell and get paid in different currencies with Shopify. 

If you're looking to change your storefront currency, then you can follow the instructions below to do so:

• Head into your Shopify Admin
  • Settings> General
  • Scroll down to 'Store Currency'
  • Use the dropdown menu to choose the currency you'd like to charge customers in
  • Click 'Save' in the top right corner when you're done with your selection

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes