Can Shopify Apps charge me if I delete it?

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I have recently shifted to Shopify from Wordpress and I have one question. I am trying different apps and different trial versions are activated. If I am not using an app, and if I just delete it directly from the Shopify Apps page in the admin panel, do the apps continue to run the trial period in the backend and charge me later?

I am very confused about this issue. Kindly give me an answer urgently.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
70 7 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ibrahim_Shafin 

Once deleted, Shopify apps should not charge you. In fact Shopify controls taking charges on behalf of the app developer and merchant, so if for some reason you do see a charge, then either reach out to the app developer or Shopify for a refund. I've not heard of this myself, before.

I'm not sure but perhaps you are asking if you delete the app then reinstall, will you be charged or will you start a new free trial?

This depends on how an app developer handles your data and their policy. In general when you delete an app, the app developer would also delete your data from their databases. So a fresh install would generally mean a fresh trial.

Of course this is behaviour is controlled on and app-by-app basis - any concerns, you would want to reach out to check with the app developer directly to get an answer on whether this is the case or not. Their contact details are always attached to the app pages.

Hope this helps a little.

GMKnight.

Store owner and app developer. Canada.
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for your prompt reply. The first part of your reply answered my question. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, so what happens when I pause my shopify account, the apps still charge me during this period?

0 Likes