Why won't apps add to my online store?

Smithyc1987
Visitor
1 0 1

Help please trying to add apps to my shopify store and it just loads back to my store each time and doesn’t add the app

Replies 10 (10)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Smithyc1987,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This does sound quite strange alright. Would you be able to try adding the apps via an Incognito tab and see if it works then? If it doesn't, my guess is it is a caching issue. Could you try clearing your browser cache and then double check if it's still happening? There is a great guide on how to clear cache here

If none of the above work, not to worry, can you reply and let me know here and we can take a closer look into it and what might be happening. 

All the best, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Jason_Feinberg
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having this issue too. Just tried in multiple browsers and incognito mode. 

Worth noting that it is an app I had in the past and uninstalled. I'm trying to reinstall it now. @Nick If there's something you can do on your end please let me know

Eyemadeyalook
Visitor
1 0 0
Same thing happens to me every time. It’s quite frustrating.

Timothy_McEwan
Tourist
5 1 2

One trick I have found, is that you can try in 'incognito' mode with google chrome. This resolved it for me 🙂 Hope this helps you out too.

Rusty_Hodge
Tourist
5 0 4

I have this issue too. With Safari and Chrome Mac. Tried the Safari private browsing mode, that had no effect. Not did Chrome Incognito mode.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Rusty_Hodge,

If the private mode or incognito tab isn't working for you, I would recommend clear your browser cache and seeing if it works then. Could you try that and let me know please? 

You can see how to clear your cache on a mac via the YouTube tutorial below and for all devices here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

GCVZmom
Visitor
1 0 0

Incognito mode did the trick for me. Thanks for the tip!

Matt14321
Visitor
1 0 1

Did you find any fixes? mine is doing the same and nothing has worked. Incognito or clearing cache

isaacrossi
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I've tried the above fixes and I'm still having issues

isaacrossi
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I've tried the above fixes and the only thing that worked for me was installing the app via the shopify mobile app.