Cancelling a paid app

1 0 1

I would like to cancel and remove a paid app that I have decided to no longer use.  Do I just delete the app, or do I need to do something else to cancel the billing?

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 19

Hey there Christopher!

Genevieve from Shopify here :) 

To cancel a paid app you just need to delete it by selecting "Remove this app" from the apps option menu on your admin apps page, like so: 

Ordinarily you will find one final charge for the app on your next invoice. This is because, while you get charged for your Shopify subscription and apps in one invoice, the billing cycles are almost always out of phase with one another. As a result, you pay for apps partly in advance and partly in arrears each month. You can find a more extensive explanation of this here: 
https://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/account/invoices#app-fees

Hope that helps! 

Genevieve S.

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

What if im still on my trial period? I literally just installed an app today and found a better app. They both have 7 day free trials. I deleted the first app i downloaded today. Would i still get charged after 7 days? Thanks

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 4

If you cancel during the app trial period, you will not be charged.

1 Like
1 0 0

how can i cancel VITALS app before trial ends? that could help, i dont want it..... but can't find where to cancel it...... its not in my shopify apps.... ??

0 Likes
10 0 0
Just delete the app. That will do it
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 4

Deleting the app will stop future charges however it possibly doesn't completely remove all code from your theme. Best to reach out to the actual app developer and get some direction on how to remove any code the app may leave behind in your theme files.

0 Likes
10 0 0
That is correct!!

0 Likes