Change main image on product page when customer chose an swatch option using bold product option

bennaylor1
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi,

Currently, using the premier bold product options app, and just wondering how you make it so when a customer choose a swatch it changes the main product image? 

Quite a few of there example website have this feature but the app does not seem to do this or I am missing something? 

example website

https://www.qualtry.com/collections/show-them-you-care-1/products/customized-jumbo-birthday-gift-bag...

my website 

https://the-somerset-grill.myshopify.com/products/glastonbury-grill

Thanks for the help 

Cheers

Ben 

Replies 6 (6)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2201 246 499

Hey, @bennaylor1 

In order to assign variant images to the variant options created within the app, they will need to be assigned in there as well. By the way, it appears that the app being used to control your product options is actually Custom Product Options by W3, not Bold Product Options.

With that said, I've taken a screenshot below to show you how variant iamges can be assigned within the Custom Product Options app:

20-07-4b9hr-vca8n

If you do have any further questions, I would recommend reaching out to the app developers for further instruction on how to use their app. Their support contact info can be found on their app page, here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

bennaylor1
Tourist
5 0 3

Thanks, Dirk,

yer I've changed from bold product option to custom Product Options by W3 as bold couldn't do this without me having to spend more money. 

Thanks again for looking into this

cheers

Ben 

MissCarrot
Visitor
1 0 0

But how do you go about doing this withing product options by bold

DanOhKeycaps
4 0 0

It's not simple. Basically your option is to pay someone to have to do it. 

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 38

Hi @MissCarrot,

With Easify Product Options, you can easily create custom product options and dynamically change product images based on selected options, such as swatches.

The app offers numerous advanced features at a more affordable price compared to other options apps. In fact, Easify provides an impressive range of 25 option types, unmatched by any other app 🤗. You should give it a try!

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 38

Hi @bennaylor1,

It's been quite some time since you first raised the topic, and I noticed you were suggested some third-party apps to address your issue. However, I'd like to recommend another helpful app called Easify Product Options 🤗.

This is a new-generation product options app with a modern design (live preview), offering 25 option types, ready-to-use option sets, tiered wholesale pricing, discount codes on the cart page, and many other advanced features.

The best part is that it allows you to change the main product image when a customer selects a swatch, just as you want. It's an effortless process - simply add the option values' labels to the corresponding product images as their alt texts.

Demo:

• Storefront:

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 14.34.31.pngScreenshot 2023-07-20 at 14.34.33.pngScreenshot 2023-07-20 at 14.34.36.png

• App settings:

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1689839453841.png

For further details on how to set it up, you can refer to Easify's guide 👍.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support