Solved

Can I transition from Printify to Ethical Tee Company on Shopify?

taikikobayashi
Excursionist
16 0 2

Hi,

We're trying to transition to a new supplier, from Printify to Ethical Tee Company.

In the photo attached, there are 3 Vendor options to choose from. Printify, SPOD, and our store.

We've contacted the new supplier and they said it should work if we just change the Printify to Ethical Tee Company manually or select Ethical Tee. 

However, we can only select those 3, not the Ethical Tee. Could you help us solve this so we can start selling from the new manufacturer? 

Thank you.

スクリーンショット (192)_LI.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

I'm so glad to hear that you've managed to resolve the issue with your shipping rates, Taiki!

Now, let's move forward with your followup questions: 

1. You can set up free shipping solely for UK customers by creating a shipping zone specifically for the UK. Once you have a shipping zone for that region, you'll be able to add a free shipping rate and you can choose whether to apply this rate to orders over a certain value, or on all orders within the UK. 

2. To set a flat shipping rate for customers outside of the UK, you'll just need to create another shipping zone in Settings > Shipping. This time, you'll need to make sure that all other countries you ship to are in this shipping zone. Once the zone is created, you can create a flat shipping rate of £5 for orders between £0 and £49.99. Then, you'll create a free shipping rate just like you have done for the UK. This time, the minimum order value for free shipping will be £50 and you'll just want to ensure that there's no maximum. 

Note: Since you're using shipping profiles, you'll need to ensure that you've added a shipping zone for each profile. I recommend referring to our help doc on shipping profiles for further explanation and guidance on this. 

3. You can change your store currency in Settings > General. However, if you've already made your first sale, then this section will be locked. If this is the case, you'll just need to contact Shopify Support and they'll be able to assist with the currency change. 

I hope this answers all of your questions! Let me know if you need a hand with anything else. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @taikikobayashi!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Generally speaking, the vendor that you add under your product details can be whatever you like; the purpose of the vendor is to make it easier for merchants to sort and filter through their products. It can also be useful if you'd like to display the vendor's name on your website (this is typically not done with dropshipping and print-on-demand, however). 

When you import products from print-on-demand apps, the products are automatically synced with that particular app; there's no need to enter a vendor in order to start selling them. In fact, in this Printify help doc, they state that the vendor you select is entirely up to you, and you’re by no means obligated to display Printify on your listing. This further indicates that the vendor you enter has no impact on the integration between Shopify and your print-on-demand apps. 

That being said, if you'd like to update the vendor for your Ethical Tee Company products, you can do so by simply typing "Ethical Tee Company" in the vendor field. Although you only see three options in the dropdown, you'll see an option to add a new vendor once you start typing in that field. 

If you have a lot of products to update, then you may want to consider using the bulk editor. Similar to a spreadsheet, the bulk editor tool allows you to edit multiple products and their variants at once in your Shopify admin. You can access the bulk editor by heading to Products and either selecting individual products or all of them by ticking off the master checkbox above your list of products.

Once you've made your selection, you'll see the option to Edit products, where you'll then need to select Add fields > Vendor. This will add a "vendor" column to the spreadsheet and you'll be able to move down the list and update each product's vendor at once. 

I hope this clears things up and I'm curious to know what made you switch from Printify to Ethical Tee Company. Feel free to respond here and let me know!

taikikobayashi
Excursionist
16 0 2
Julie,

Thank you for your reply. We have already tried typing manually into the
vendor options on the right side. However, when we tried to make a test
order, the store says "we don't ship to this location" at the checkout.

[image: スクリーンショット (205)_LI.jpg]

Ethical Tee told us to remove Printify and disable it on the Printify app,
so we tried it, but still haven't been able to solve this issue.

[image: スクリーンショット (207)_LI.jpg]

Thank you for your help and we're looking forward to seeing you soon.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for following up, @taikikobayashi!

Unfortunately the screenshots you shared aren't appearing here on my end.

However, based on the error message you're seeing in the checkout, it's safe to say that the issue is within your shipping settings, rather than the product vendor. 

When the "we don't ship to this location" message occurs, this usually indicates that there is either no shipping zone for the country you are trying to ship to, or the products in question are not included in a shipping profile that ships to the country you have entered in the checkout.

When you imported your products from Ethical Tee, did you edit your shipping settings at all? I suggest taking a look over in Settings > Shipping, since it sounds like the Ethical Tee products aren't included in one of your shipping profiles.

If you are still needing assistance, feel free to respond to this post with a screenshot of your shipping settings. Alternatively, you can contact our Support team directly; through an authenticated and secure live chat, they'll be able to access your shipping settings and ensure that everything is set up correctly.

I hope this leads you in the right direction!

taikikobayashi
Excursionist
16 0 2
Julie,

Hi, thank you for getting back to us. The shipping zone seems fine, but as
you said, the shipping setting is not properly set.
[image: スクリーンショット (209).png]
What can we do? We don't know how to add Ethical Tee to the shipping
profile.

Also, we wanted to keep Printify as the manufacturer for mugs, but since
the Ethical Tee staff told us to delete the Printify app, we did it and now
it's not showing. We have contacted Printify about this, but meanwhile,
could you tell us what to do about this as well?

Simply put, we want to have t-shirts manufactured by Ethical Tee and mugs
by Printify and we would like to know how.
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

No problem, @taikikobayashi.

It looks like you may have shared a screenshot of your shipping settings, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like the image was properly attached, so I'm unable to see it.

However, since your shipping zones are set up correctly, it sounds like the Ethical Tee products could be missing from one of your shipping profiles. Our help doc on shipping profiles outlines how you can make sure that those products are added to your shipping profiles. While I can't be certain whether this is the case, it does sound like this could be the problem.

If you are still experiencing issues, I suggest contacting our Support team through live chat. Unlike our Support team in the Community Forums, live chat Support will be able to access your admin and take a look at your shipping settings so they can help further troubleshoot. 

As for Printify, because the app has been deleted, the Printify products in your Shopify admin are no longer in sync with the app. You'll need to install the app again and re-publish your products. Printify has a help doc that outlines how to make sure your products are in sync if you need to reinstall their app. If you need assistance with this, you'll need to contact Printify directly; they have live chat available through their Help Center.

To sum things up, your next steps are to reinstall Printify and ensure your products are in sync by republishing them. Once that's done, feel free to contact our Support team to help make sure that your Ethical Tee products are included in your shipping profiles. This will ensure that customers are able to purchase them through your online checkout. As mentioned above, they'll be able to gain access to your shipping settings and will be the best to help further troubleshoot.

Thanks again for reaching out!

taikikobayashi
Excursionist
16 0 2

Julie,

We sent an email on Gmail but it seems like it hasn't reached or something, so we are going to ask on Shopify community. 

The screenshots we meant to send was these:

スクリーンショット (208).png

スクリーンショット (209).png

We are not sure why but we are unable to add Ethical Tee to the Shipping profiles. Does it have something to do with the mailing method? Ethical Tee uses Royal Mail. 

For Printify, we contacted them and they provided us with an article describing how to set up weights for each item, saying that if we were to rely on more than one supplier, we can't use Printify weight calculation. Instead, we need to set it up. We asked them how to do it, they said they couldn't answer it because it was too technical. 

We're stuck at this point, unable to carry on our business as much as we would like to. We desperately need someone on this. If there is something that we need to pay for to get assistance, we are more than happy to do so. 

Thank you and we are looking forward to hearing from you back. 

Kind regards,

Taiki Kobayashi

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, Taiki!

To clarify, did you send Shopify Support an email? We no longer have an inbound email address for our Support team, so the best way to reach out is through the link shared above. Once you proceed through the steps on that page, you'll see an option to Get support, where you can choose to request a callback or begin a live chat. The easiest way to get in touch is through live chat.

As for your shipping settings, some print on demand apps, like Printful, have their own app shipping profiles just like the one you shared in your screenshot. However, because Ethical Tee is not an app listed in the Shopify App Store, it's likely that that their app doesn't create its own shipping profile like Printful. 

This means that for Ethical Tee products, you'll need to manually create a shipping profile and shipping rates. As Printful mentioned, using weight-based rates is quite technical since weight-based shipping rates require you to enter the exact weight of the product. When it comes to print-on-demand, using weight-based rates are not recommended since you won't have the ability to physically weigh your products. For simplicity's sake, have you considered adding flat shipping rates for all of your products? 

Most dropshippers and print-on-demand merchants use flat shipping rates. With this setup, you can charge a specific amount for shipping based on the total order value. For example, if an order is under $50, you could charge a flat rate of $5 for shipping; if an order is between $50 and $100, you could charge $10 for shipping. To encourage customers to purchase more, you could offer a free shipping rate for orders over $100. Of course, these are merely examples and you can set your own rates.

With flat shipping rates, you won't have to worry about managing several shipping profiles and managing your shipping will be much easier. If you need help setting this up, feel free to contact our Support team and they would be glad to walk you through the process! 

taikikobayashi
Excursionist
16 0 2

Hi Julie,

The problem with the shipping rates and connecting our store with Ethical Tee Company and all that has been solved! Thank you for your support 🙂

Now what we want to do is enable Free Shipping for customers in the UK and set shipping rates for that outside of the UK. 

--

What we want to know is:

- How can we set up Free Shipping for UK customers only? 

- Where in Shopify Admin can we set a flat rate for customers outside of the UK? (For example, spend £50 and you don't have to pay a £5 shipping fee). 

--

Thank you, and looking forward to hearing from you back! 

Regards,

Taiki Kobayashi

taikikobayashi
Excursionist
16 0 2

Sorry, one more thing;

--

- We would like to change our default store currency since our supplier is based in the UK and we're planning on selling to British customers. 

- Right now, the currency is $ (American) but we want to change it to £ (British Pound)

--

Thank you! 

Taiki Kobayashi

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

I'm so glad to hear that you've managed to resolve the issue with your shipping rates, Taiki!

Now, let's move forward with your followup questions: 

1. You can set up free shipping solely for UK customers by creating a shipping zone specifically for the UK. Once you have a shipping zone for that region, you'll be able to add a free shipping rate and you can choose whether to apply this rate to orders over a certain value, or on all orders within the UK. 

2. To set a flat shipping rate for customers outside of the UK, you'll just need to create another shipping zone in Settings > Shipping. This time, you'll need to make sure that all other countries you ship to are in this shipping zone. Once the zone is created, you can create a flat shipping rate of £5 for orders between £0 and £49.99. Then, you'll create a free shipping rate just like you have done for the UK. This time, the minimum order value for free shipping will be £50 and you'll just want to ensure that there's no maximum. 

Note: Since you're using shipping profiles, you'll need to ensure that you've added a shipping zone for each profile. I recommend referring to our help doc on shipping profiles for further explanation and guidance on this. 

3. You can change your store currency in Settings > General. However, if you've already made your first sale, then this section will be locked. If this is the case, you'll just need to contact Shopify Support and they'll be able to assist with the currency change. 

I hope this answers all of your questions! Let me know if you need a hand with anything else.