Changing Our Supplier

taikikobayashi
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

We're trying to transition to a new supplier, from Printify to Ethical Tee Company.

In the photo attached, there are 3 Vendor options to choose from. Printify, SPOD, and our store.

We've contacted the new supplier and they said it should work if we just change the Printify to Ethical Tee Company manually or select Ethical Tee. 

However, we can only select those 3, not the Ethical Tee. Could you help us solve this so we can start selling from the new manufacturer? 

Thank you.

スクリーンショット (192)_LI.jpg

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 71 208

Hi, @taikikobayashi!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Generally speaking, the vendor that you add under your product details can be whatever you like; the purpose of the vendor is to make it easier for merchants to sort and filter through their products. It can also be useful if you'd like to display the vendor's name on your website (this is typically not done with dropshipping and print-on-demand, however). 

When you import products from print-on-demand apps, the products are automatically synced with that particular app; there's no need to enter a vendor in order to start selling them. In fact, in this Printify help doc, they state that the vendor you select is entirely up to you, and you’re by no means obligated to display Printify on your listing. This further indicates that the vendor you enter has no impact on the integration between Shopify and your print-on-demand apps. 

That being said, if you'd like to update the vendor for your Ethical Tee Company products, you can do so by simply typing "Ethical Tee Company" in the vendor field. Although you only see three options in the dropdown, you'll see an option to add a new vendor once you start typing in that field. 

If you have a lot of products to update, then you may want to consider using the bulk editor. Similar to a spreadsheet, the bulk editor tool allows you to edit multiple products and their variants at once in your Shopify admin. You can access the bulk editor by heading to Products and either selecting individual products or all of them by ticking off the master checkbox above your list of products.

Once you've made your selection, you'll see the option to Edit products, where you'll then need to select Add fields > Vendor. This will add a "vendor" column to the spreadsheet and you'll be able to move down the list and update each product's vendor at once. 

I hope this clears things up and I'm curious to know what made you switch from Printify to Ethical Tee Company. Feel free to respond here and let me know!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
taikikobayashi
Tourist
8 0 1
Julie,

Thank you for your reply. We have already tried typing manually into the
vendor options on the right side. However, when we tried to make a test
order, the store says "we don't ship to this location" at the checkout.

[image: スクリーンショット (205)_LI.jpg]

Ethical Tee told us to remove Printify and disable it on the Printify app,
so we tried it, but still haven't been able to solve this issue.

[image: スクリーンショット (207)_LI.jpg]

Thank you for your help and we're looking forward to seeing you soon.

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 71 208

Thanks for following up, @taikikobayashi!

Unfortunately the screenshots you shared aren't appearing here on my end.

However, based on the error message you're seeing in the checkout, it's safe to say that the issue is within your shipping settings, rather than the product vendor. 

When the "we don't ship to this location" message occurs, this usually indicates that there is either no shipping zone for the country you are trying to ship to, or the products in question are not included in a shipping profile that ships to the country you have entered in the checkout.

When you imported your products from Ethical Tee, did you edit your shipping settings at all? I suggest taking a look over in Settings > Shipping, since it sounds like the Ethical Tee products aren't included in one of your shipping profiles.

If you are still needing assistance, feel free to respond to this post with a screenshot of your shipping settings. Alternatively, you can contact our Support team directly; through an authenticated and secure live chat, they'll be able to access your shipping settings and ensure that everything is set up correctly.

I hope this leads you in the right direction!

0 Likes
taikikobayashi
Tourist
8 0 1
Julie,

Hi, thank you for getting back to us. The shipping zone seems fine, but as
you said, the shipping setting is not properly set.
[image: スクリーンショット (209).png]
What can we do? We don't know how to add Ethical Tee to the shipping
profile.

Also, we wanted to keep Printify as the manufacturer for mugs, but since
the Ethical Tee staff told us to delete the Printify app, we did it and now
it's not showing. We have contacted Printify about this, but meanwhile,
could you tell us what to do about this as well?

Simply put, we want to have t-shirts manufactured by Ethical Tee and mugs
by Printify and we would like to know how.
0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 71 208

No problem, @taikikobayashi.

It looks like you may have shared a screenshot of your shipping settings, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like the image was properly attached, so I'm unable to see it.

However, since your shipping zones are set up correctly, it sounds like the Ethical Tee products could be missing from one of your shipping profiles. Our help doc on shipping profiles outlines how you can make sure that those products are added to your shipping profiles. While I can't be certain whether this is the case, it does sound like this could be the problem.

If you are still experiencing issues, I suggest contacting our Support team through live chat. Unlike our Support team in the Community Forums, live chat Support will be able to access your admin and take a look at your shipping settings so they can help further troubleshoot. 

As for Printify, because the app has been deleted, the Printify products in your Shopify admin are no longer in sync with the app. You'll need to install the app again and re-publish your products. Printify has a help doc that outlines how to make sure your products are in sync if you need to reinstall their app. If you need assistance with this, you'll need to contact Printify directly; they have live chat available through their Help Center.

To sum things up, your next steps are to reinstall Printify and ensure your products are in sync by republishing them. Once that's done, feel free to contact our Support team to help make sure that your Ethical Tee products are included in your shipping profiles. This will ensure that customers are able to purchase them through your online checkout. As mentioned above, they'll be able to gain access to your shipping settings and will be the best to help further troubleshoot.

Thanks again for reaching out!

0 Likes