Charged for app after deleted

Highlighted
2 0 0

I deleted a messenger app from a company called SilferBots off of my website months ago, yet I am still being charged? I reached out to the company of the app but have not received a response. Who do I contact to get refunded for these charges? I never used the app because it was very hard to use and deleted it days after downloading and I should not be getting charged. How can they continue to charge someone who has not had the app for months?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
174 25 35

Hi, @soulandsage!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Was this an application you downloaded from the Shopify App Store or did you download it directly from a third party? Also, are the app charges being billed to you on your Shopify invoices or are they being billed directly through a personal credit card or something similar?

Hope to hear from you soon so we can look into this together!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

hi there thank you for replying, this was an app that was downloaded through the shopify app store and I am being billed directly through my personal bank account from the app by SilferBots.  When I check my personal bank statement, that is how I am discovering the charges and don’t know why/how I am being charged if the app was deleted months ago.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
174 25 35

Thanks for your response @soulandsage !

If the app is billing you directly and it's not coming out on a Shopify invoice, you'd need to clear this up with the developers of the application. Applications on the Shopify app store are required to use Shopify's billing API for this reason. If you're having trouble coming to a resolution with the developers or can't get in touch with them, I'd recommend contacting your bank to issue a chargeback against the app charges.

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes